Job Title: Credit Officer
Department: Customer Finance
Reporting line: Head of Customer Finance
Location: Gbako-Niger, Offa-Kwara, Bassa-Kogi, Baruten-Kwara, Lavun-Niger and Ogbomosho, Oyo
About ENGIE BU Africa ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Engie Energy Access is looking for dynamic, highly motivated and disciplined Senior Customer Finance Analysts with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy and financial inclusion. This position is a key role within the Customer Finance Department of a fast-paced start up at the front lines of renewable energy and mobile payment technology. This role requires individuals to work under limited supervision, perform duties associated with locating unreachable customers, direct interaction with customers and where need be deactivate non-paying customers while giving good customer experience.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
• Customer engagement - Bounce backs & Repossessions for defined customers
• Customer engagement – Customer surveys based on different parameters
Deliverables and Activities
• Mobile Money Development – Build Mobile Money Network in defined locations
• Mobile Money Development – Develop and implement migration plan of new and existing customers to Mobile Money payment channels
• Continuous improvement of Customer Finance field processes
• Overall Responsibility for Credit performance in assigned locations
Required Skills & Experience
• Degree or diploma in a relevant field
• Knowledge of the service area geographies.
• Skilled in both verbal and written communications.
• Skilled in customer relations, negotiations and problem solving.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
• Demonstrated high levels of maturity
• Team player who is able to work independently
• Demonstrated honesty and integrity.
• Fluency in English and local language(s) in assigned region
Highly Desired Skills
• Experience with excel and Powerpoint added advantage
• Community work experience
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!