Title: Security Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Head of Human Resources
Location: East Africa, with 20% travel
About ENGIE BU Africa Access to Energy (A2E)
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Security Manager is in charge of security of people (top priority), assets, reputation, and is involved in information protection.
The Security Manager is a business minded professional, the finality of his mission is to protect existing business, and to make business development possible in places where it is not obvious to do so.
Area of responsibility EEA countries (evolutive): Côte d’Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Mozambique. The role is also responsible for the security of the team in other parts of the world, including Belgium, Germany, China and USA.
- Ensure Corporate compliance requirements, manage security (20%) :
- Manage group rules implementation and corporate reporting
- Organize Crisis Management Response
- Implement and develop security procedures for people, assets and information
- Be accountable for security and crisis management audits (COR processes)
- Be accountable for risks analysis (ERM Process)
- Provide top management and corporate security with expertise and analysis in area of responsibility
- Support business development (40%) :
- Give initial security GO/NOGO depending on project area and conditions
- Set up special authorization demands to Corporate Security when needed
- Give security assessments and recommendations on projects during all process from initial business travels to delivery, including engagement committees.
- Estimate security costs for NBOs, and provide security costs for BOs in relation purchasing department
- On demand, support joint businesses with other BU’s working in the area of responsibility
- Animate security network in countries (30%):
- Be an actor of the Corporate security network at all levels
- Animate, organize and control security correspondents’ network inside countries, and act as country security manager in country of assignment
- Implement security rules and standards inside entities : business travel rules, journey management, e-learning, site security, information protection…
- Provide security correspondents with trainings, tools and high level expertise
- Select, organize and control security contractors’ network in accordance with Corporate security contracts and procurement standards
- Manage information sources : security services of embassies (especially French embassies, UK, US…), NGOs, other companies…
- Provide security support and develop security culture with internal stakeholders (10%) :
- HR : people global protection as a top priority
- Business Development : main mission
- Ethics & Legal : fraud & corruption, human rights compliance
- HSE : business travel health, remote sites emergency response
- IT : Cybersecurity
- Communication : protection of reputation, watch.
Knowledge and skills
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience as an officer, active duty – reserve or national guard, or as a senior specialized NCO (operations security procedures, intelligence-investigation & analysis…), ideally acquired in armed forces or gendarmerie - police forces.
- Experience of operations in different countries in Africa, in conflict areas, crisis or post-crisis areas.
- Experience in organizing & leading short time missions on the ground (direct management of armed forces, or armed contractors with monitoring of rules of engagement is a plus).
- Experience in organizing security and evacuation plans.
- Experience of work in different environments, from dense urban areas to remote rural areas, and in changing context.
- Experience in relationship management with local people, local authorities and international actors.
- Experience in training different categories of people, from basic operator to field manager, in security related fields, is a plus.
- Military Academy, or Gendarmerie - Police Academy graduation, with African experience
- Or, High level studies in International Relationships, Political Science on international cursus, International Public Affairs… together with ROTC graduation or previous military-gendarmerie-police experience.
- Senior NCO candidates with specialized experience and complementary studies will be taken into account
- English & French, fluency in one language, working capability in the other
- Pack office, OSINT tools
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!