Job Description - Customer service Representative INTERN (Chuwabu e Lomwe)
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Application Deadline: 30.07.2020
Position: 2 months with high chances of being hired as a full time employee depending on performance during internship period
Compensation: A monthly stipend will be paid
COVID19 Recruitment Update:
Please note that due unavoidable circumstances brought about by the COVID19 pandemic, we have temporarily halted hiring for all vacant positions. However, we are still collecting CVs and might reach out to candidates for screening interviews. We will not be making offers or sending out contracts until further notice.
We are building a diverse and inclusive team and this opportunity is open to any qualified internal and external applicants. Women, candidates from Africa and those with experience working on the continent are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
Fenix International is a next-generation energy and technology company. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our customers through inclusive energy and financial services. Our flagship product, Fenix Power, is an expandable, pay-go solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.14 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans, unlocking modern financial services for our customers. To date, Fenix has sold over 600,000 Solar Home Systems in Uganda, Zambia, Cote d'Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria and Mozambique, bringing clean, reliable power for lights, phones, radios, TV and much more to over 3 million people.
In early 2018, Fenix joined forces with ENGIE, one of the world's largest energy companies and a leader in the move to renewable, decentralised and digital energy. This has allowed Fenix to make significant commercial investments to accelerate the path to our mission, via new markets and innovative products. Together, Fenix and ENGIE are making universal access to modern energy a reality.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing quality and efficient assistance to our customers.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Handle outbound and inbound calls from Fenix customers
- Assist customers when they have any difficulty or query
- Be a brand ambassador
- Receive customers and treat them with respect and dignity
- Be empathetic and compassionate while dealing with and managing customer complaints
- Educate and emphasize to customers the importance of the financing agreement they are committed to
- Exercise patience with customers and follow up on all customer issues until fully resolved
- Make courtesy calls to Fenix customers as required
- Endeavor to give all Fenix customers a great end to end customer experience
- Manage relationships to increase client retention
- Always enter accurate and honest information into the Fenix data systems
- Capture high-quality data that can be used to better serve our customers
- Escalate unresolved issues or questions to your immediate supervisor
- Escalate unresolved issues and question to your immediate supervisor
- Support in building a conducive environment for both internal and external customers
- Help in SMS translations when need arise
- Create a good rapport with existing customers, identify new sales leads and communicate to the sales team
- Cross-sell to existing customers
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum High school level or equivalent;
- Flexibility with the ability to work in shifts;
- Good local language skills. Candidates must be able to fluently speak at least two of the following languages: Lomwé e Chuwabu (speaking Makhuwa as well is an advantage)
- Speaking more than one language is an advantage
- Basic knowledge in English;
- Exceptional Computer skills (MS Office package and internet browsing).
- Excitement about Fenix’s mission and a deep desire to make an impact on off-grid and financially underserved customers in sub-Saharan Africa
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Thrives on teamwork
- Endless curiosity
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
In your cover letter, please be sure to highlight the following:
- Why you are interested in Fenix International, and
- What excites you about this particular role
- Where are you from and what are the languages you speak fluently
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun, fast-paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.