Job Description - Provincial Sales Manager
Location: Various Locations in Mozambique (Inhambane/Manica/Sofala/Zambezia/Nampula)
Application Deadline: 20/07/2020
Team: Mozambique Comercial team
Compensation: Competitive salary & benefits commensurate with education and experience
COVID19 Recruitment Update:
Please note that due unavoidable circumstances brought about by the COVID19 pandemic, we have temporarily halted hiring for all vacant positions. However, we are still collecting CVs and might reach out to candidates for screening interviews. We will not be making offers or sending out contracts until further notice.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual with strong sales team leadership experience looking to build a highly motivated sales team to drive the scale of Fenix across the following provinces: Inhambane/Sofala/Manica/Zambezia/Nampula Mozambique
We are building a diverse and inclusive leadership team, women are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
Fenix International is a next-generation energy and technology company. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our customers through inclusive energy and financial services. Our flagship product, Fenix Power, is a modular, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.11 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans, unlocking modern financial services for our customers.
To date, Fenix has sold over 500,000 Solar Home Systems in Uganda, Zambia, Cote d'Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria and Mozambique, bringing clean, reliable power for lights, phones, radios, TV and much more to over 2,500,000 people.
In early 2018, Fenix joined forces with ENGIE, one of the world's largest energy companies and a leader in the move to renewable, decentralised and digital energy. This has allowed Fenix to make significant commercial investments to accelerate the path to our mission, via new markets and innovative products. Together, Fenix and ENGIE are making universal access to modern energy a reality.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Provincial Sales Manager will develop and manage a highly motivated sales team, backed by a targeted marketing strategy to support the sale of life changing energy products and financial services to rural Mozambicans powered by Fenix Power. Fenix is a B2C company, so the successful candidate will have experience in serving rural customers and be passionate about providing exceptional onboarding and support.
Talent & Sales Team Management
- Live and communicate Fenix’s mission to improve the quality of life of our customers
- Uphold and help continually build the Fenix culture which always embraces Fenix’s vision and values and always puts the customer’s experience first
- Recruit, manage and maintain a highly productive provincial sales force, including, Area Sales Representatives and commission based agents to ensure provincial coverage and saturation of Fenix Sales Agents
- Support team development by performing regular reviews and trainings, retaining high performing team members and finding creative ways to boost low performing sales team
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and projecting sales volumes per Area for new and existing products broken down by Area per Sales Representatives
- Lead the expansion of Fenix provincial network of points of sale, in collaboration with the Operations Team, prioritising high potential areas, rapidly identifying distribution opportunities and negotiating distribution deals that keep our cost of sale as low as possible
- Set targets and communicate goals, objectives and key results across the sales team
- Motivate the sales team to ensure Fenix hits its sales targets and grows accordingly
Monitoring, Reporting & Optimization
- Report directly to the Fenix Mozambique Regional Sales Manager on progress towards sales objectives and key results
- Create quarterly sales plans to share with the broader Fenix team and review weekly sales plans with Sales Representatives in the field
- Work closely with the Operations team to maintain sales volume by continually adapting to market conditions and communicating the desired kit mix
- Coordinate with the customer experience team to conduct surveys and serve customers
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years working in a senior role within a progressive sales and/or financial services environment with strong, quantifiable results
- Significant experience servicing rural customers in Mozambique, especially in the province that you will be affected in Mozambique
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in Portuguese and Conversant in English.
- Proven experience and a passion for motivating and leading large teams to deliver on ambitious goals within a commercial business environment
- Comfort with frequent travel around Assigned Areas to visit customers and support sales teams in very remote areas (est. 80% time in the field)
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience managing a successful loan portfolio and ensuring repayment, ideally in microfinance or asset finance
- Experience building a large, results-driven team
- Training and raising Successful Sales Managers or Team Leaders
- Proficiency in Chuabu, Lomwe, Makhuwa, Ekhoti,Guitonga, Chope, Ndau, Sena, Xetewa, Shona, Nhungue, and other local languages spoken in the province that you are applying for.