Job Description – Commission Based Sales Agent
Location : Lagos, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau, Niger, Ebonyi, Nasarawa, Benue, Enugu, Oyo, Ogun and Ondo
Application Deadline : Rolling
Position : Contract
COVID-19 Recruitment Update
Please note that due unavoidable circumstances brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have temporarily halted hiring for all vacant positions. However, we are still collecting CVs and might reach out to candidates for screening interviews. We will not be making offers or sending out contracts until further notice.
We are building a diverse and inclusive team and this opportunity is open to any qualified internal and external applicants. Women, candidates from Africa and those with experience working on the continent are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
Fenix International is a next-generation energy and technology company. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our customers through inclusive energy and financial services. Our flagship product, Fenix Power, is an expandable, pay-go solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.14 per day.
We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans, unlocking modern financial services for our customers. To date, Fenix has sold over 600,000 Solar Home Systems in Uganda, Zambia, Côte d'Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria and Mozambique, bringing clean, reliable power for lights, phones, radios, TV and much more to over 3 million people.
In early 2018, Fenix joined forces with ENGIE, one of the world's largest energy companies and a leader in the move to renewable, decentralised and digital energy. This has allowed Fenix to make significant commercial investments to accelerate the path to our mission, via new markets and innovative products. Together, Fenix and ENGIE are making universal access to modern energy a reality.
Fenix is looking for bright, highly motivated and disciplined Fenix Power Champions. They will be expected to market and sell Fenix power products to customers, engaging and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders along the way.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Sell Fenix Power products and meet weekly sales targets
- Travel within sales territory to meet prospects and customers for the purpose of product sales, repayment or installations
- Build and maintain relationships with new and repeat customers
- Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand a customer's specific needs to advice the Product Department
- Work closely with marketing department to help build the brand
Deliverables and Activities
- Territory sales- Sell the company’s products to customers within your given territory
- Sales material & product knowledge: Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Sales Strategy: Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Leads Follow-up: Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Customer Engagement
- Face-to-face Meetings: Conduct face-to-face meetings with customers daily
- Customer Education: Educate customers on how products can benefit them financially and personally
- Travel: Travel throughout the territory and visit customers on a recurring basis
- Customer Queries: Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Customer account management: Manage multiple accounts simultaneously
- Brand Management
- Brand Representation- Represent the brand during all customer and prospect interactions
- Information Gathering
- Communicating Information- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
Required Skills & Experience
- 0-2 years of experience in a Sales based role
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and Detail oriented
- Willing to work independently
- Always team focused with a Competitive attitude
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel
Highly Desired Skills
- Sharp sales chops
- Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence and Product Knowledge.
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the job posting at www.fenixintl.com/careers/.
In your cover letter, please be sure to highlight the following:
- Why you are interested in Fenix International, and
- What excites you about this particular role.
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun, fast-paced and high-growth work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.