Fender Musical Instruments Corporation ("FMIC") based in Botany, Sydney, NSW Australia and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S.A. is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Demand Planner to join the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and execute a 24 month SKU/location level demand forecast, in partnership with Sales, Product & Category Management, for a diverse product line with high volume and high volatility
- Develop a demand-based revenue plan by business unit for comparison against annual business plans and financial forecast updates
- Challenge the sales and marketing assumptions when significant deviations occur between the demand-based revenue plan and the business plans
- Represent Asia and Australia in Demand Planning in the monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Maintain forecasting system models, history, alerts, and system data integrity to ensure the publication of rolling 12-18 month operational forecast by item by distribution center
- Oversight and reporting of Product Lifecycle Management including New Product Introduction (NPI) and End of Life (EOL) process status, issues, action plans, etc.
- Determine best methods to improve forecast accuracy and adjust forecast models as necessary to improve forecast accuracy
- Collaborate with Sales, Category Mgmt, and eComm teams to incorporate current and long–term market intelligence into the demand plan at product levels and to develop, document and update the assumptions supporting the demand plan
- Analyzes forecast bias to identify and understand variables and root causes impacting forecast, and adjust appropriately; works closely with category management and regional sales team to proactively adjust forecast to accommodate external information
- Manage SKU Rationalization process, identifying at risk SKUs as determined multiple metrics, including but not limited to: turns, GMROI, volume contributions, etc.
- Issue resolution/escalation: Product Line and Key item management and reporting, including root cause identification
- Assists Sales Management team in providing recommendations and improvements in seasonal and annual planning to optimize financial performance from forecasting perspective, driving effective inventory management efforts downstream
- Assist Sales Management, Category Management, and Finance in the creation and validation of annual operating budget
- Drive insights and provide recommendations based on statistical analyses /reporting related to current sales trends by sales channel and/or product line to help drive success achievement of financial goals
- Drive the analysis and reflect current trends in performance of the product line based on actual sales
- Take initiative to look beyond the everyday business for opportunities to maximize sales and inventory potential and drive results.
- Insert self into the business, providing other analysis related to driving business goals (e.g. hindsights, ad-hoc, etc.)
- Maintain appropriate fill-rates and service levels as defined by the business
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations, or Finance strongly preferred or 8-10 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in: planning, demand forecasting; inventory management, allocation or replenishment; financial planning or financial analysis experience
- Must have experience managing large SKU base across multiple distribution centers
- Thinks strategically; strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong mathematical and forecasting skills.
- Makes decisions with limited information but also able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Knowledge of SAP R/3, Logility and/or SAP Business Warehouse; advanced data mining skills preferred
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Proven ability to participate, support and provide appropriate analysis for internal and external executive discussions to drive continuous improvement in business results and processes
- Guitars! Gear! Music!
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Be a part of rock and roll history
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.