Fender Digital is a division of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (“FMIC”) located in Hollywood, CA. Fender Digital Products is a new division making apps, websites, platforms and tools to compliment the guitars, amps and audio gear that Fender makes. We are looking for an accomplished Sr. Product Manager to join the team.
Fender, of course, is an American icon — born in Southern California and with a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it is a cultural symbol that resonates across fashion and entertainment circles as well.
Fender.com is our online hub of content, commerce, and consumer engagement for Fender enthusiasts worldwide. As a product manager on our Fender.com product team, you will be building teams, products, processes and go-to-market strategies for the products we make, starting with the “Product” of our culture itself. You’ll work in close collaboration with the Fender.com product team and site director — and will marshal engineers, designers, marketing representatives, and external vendors toward successful project completion.
The role demands technical depth, principled and empathetic thinking, judgement and a refusal to settle at “just OK,” innovative thinking, a high bar for quality and design and a mentality of starting with the “Player” and working backwards into experiences and products that make them better holistically.
You are the CEO of your own small startup that ships one product, with all that this entails.
- Internalize, contextualize and advocate the mission of the Fender brand and products into new digital products
- Drive and keep a cross-functional team focused on the goal of the end-product
- Be the arbiter of truth: collect, contextualize and drive decisions through data. Solicit feedback, explore the competitors
- Drive your cross-functional teams with a consistent set of KPIs and goals/objectives
- Drive innovative thinking in the team, pushing into new territory and capabilities. That means pushing engineers, designers and other team members further than they may be comfortable with, while providing them the three C’s (context, clarity and coverage)
- Work with marketing and your team on go-to-market planning
- Monitor and measure products after launched as a part of the “Measure” and “Learn” portion of Lean product thinking.
- Clearly communicate roadmap, goals, findings, data (good and bad) to executives, stakeholders and the public at large. Be your own marketer
What we’re looking for:
- 7-10 years experience delivering high quality, successful consumer internet/media products
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience with online communities: community management software, best practices, gamification techniques, etc.
- Excellent design, user experience instincts with an empathetic approach to customer development
- A desire for perfection in every aspect of what you make
- The ability to drive, motivate, support and earn the trust of cross functional teams
- A passion for driving “Makers” and being one yourself
- A great understanding of data and how to tell narratives from it
Bonus Points (not required, but all are strong pluses):
- Prior experience with:
- Internationalization and localization
- Launching digital products within a commerce vertical
- Working knowledge of the technical concepts and terminology associated with:
- e-Commerce platforms: Demandware / Commerce Cloud, Magento, etc.
- Prior experience in lifestyle or entertainment industry commerce.
- Excellent compensation package with incentives
- Guitars! Music!
- A brand new team: help set the culture of innovation at the world’s best music brand
- Medical, dental, 401(k), food, drinks
- The computer of your choice (as long as its from Cupertino)
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.