Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (“FMIC”) located in Hollywood, CA. Fender Digital Products is making apps, websites, platforms and tools to compliment the guitars, amps and audio gear that Fender makes. Building on this brand authenticity, Fender is building a digital ecosystem of products and interactive experiences for the new and experienced player alike. We are aiming to create products — digital and physical — that enable all players at every point in their musical journey.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are looking for a savvy and experienced Sr. Data Engineer to join our growing Data Engineering team. The candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Sr. Data Engineer will support our marketing, product development, and finance teams on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the Platform Engineering, Product Development, and Marketing to design systems for new and existing applications and services.
- Establish frameworks, standards and best practices and communicate them to engineers and analysts.
- Create data tools for data analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Translate product specs into robust data models that are scalable and iterable.
- Partner with the Platform Engineering, Product Development, and Marketing to develop strategies for data acquisition, data curation and reporting.
- Help ensure that real time analytics are available to product teams and proactively identify when issues arise.
- Work closely with DevOps to automate deployments, monitoring, alerting, ETL and reporting systems.
- Provide mentoring and support for other members of the data engineering team.
What You'll Need:
- We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar role
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Python.
- Experience with SQL and Database Management Solutions (Redshift, Snowflake, Postgres, MySQL ETC)
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with big data is a plus (Hadoop, EMR, MongoDB, Spark etc.)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Airflow.
- Experience with AWS cloud services is a plus (Kinesis, Glue, EMR, Lambdas, Redshift)
- Experience with stream-processing systems is a plus (Kinesis, Spark-Streaming, Flink, etc.)
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.