Fender Musical Instruments (FMI) is looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer for our Ensenada, Mexico location. In this role, provides direct support to the Continuous Improvement Manager and to the ongoing Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts of the company. The CI Engineer will accomplish this while acting as a member of improvement teams, as well as serving in a support role to other teams. The Engineer will also be expected to help drive the CI culture throughout the organization, in terms of reinforcing the desired behaviors, providing CI instruction and coaching as appropriate, and acting as an advocate to promote CI efforts.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
About the job:
- The primary role is to support the Continuous Improvement Manager by delivering Improvement Projects to the agreed time, cost and quality targets (coaching in Lean Six Sigma - DMAIC tools and techniques).
- Responsible for the identification, development and implementation of process improvements and best practices focused on improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity (Labor and Material).
- Support and maintain facility metrics (safety, quality, delivery, cost, moral, service, innovation, social responsibility, etc.) together with the entire team.
- Monitor and investigate reported quality issues and perform or lead root cause analysis and solve issues through the corrective action process.
- Will be responsible for managing and leading and participating in continuous improvement projects, as well as mentoring and coaching green belts.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Drives the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
- Help to sustain actual program that focuses on reducing process and product variation. Implementing such tools as: FMEA, Control Plan VSM, SPC, Capability study, TPM, SMED, DOE, RSD & others.
- Trains, coaches and motivates personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures and work methods.
- Actively participates at the strategic planning process and projects.
What you need:
- Required: Bachelor in Engineering Science, Industrial Engineering (preferred). Six Sigma Green Belt (preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of manufacturing experience with background in either woodworking, industrial painting or electronics is also preferred.
- Highly capable problem-solving skills (utilizing formal problem-solving techniques as DMAIC)
- Proactive and dynamic approach in challenging existing processes and searching for new opportunities is required.
- Analytical and organizational mindset together with effectiveness in building and implementing new processes and procedures is required.
- Capability to promote team-working and collaboration among the different functions both at local and group level.
- Exposure to application of Lean Manufacturing Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement principles and tools (training, kaizen events and workshops).
- Change management and superior interpersonal skills (understand technical and human issues related to manufacturing system improvement). Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills enabling communication in English and Spanish at shop floor and Management levels.
- Proficient computer skill including M/S Office (Visio and Project), PM, Minitab, SAP & others
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com.