Fender Musical Instrument Corporation is located in Scottsdale, AZ. (“FMIC”) Within our Gear Advisor Team, we are focused on supporting customers, providing a best-in-class experience, and being the technical knowledge base for our customers. Our team’s mission is to be a part of a successful customer service team that empowers players at every stage worldwide.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
As a Gear Advisor, you will be entrusted with the critical responsibility of providing direct communication and customer service support to FMIC consumers via phone, e-mail, web chat, fax and print mail. We’re looking for someone who knows our products inside-and-out and who can eat, breathe and sing about guitars, amps and accessories all day long.
About the Job:
- Assist consumers in product selection and guide them into appropriate products with the goal of closing sales.
- Able to attract and sell to new customers based on product selection discussions and drive additional sales referrals for future prospecting.
- Fielding inquiries regarding product specifications, performance, application, pricing, and availability as well as providing historical information for all FMIC brands.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot possible product performance issues.
- Facilitate consumer product returns.
- Place orders in SAP for parts and replacement products required to resolve defective product issues.
- Track orders and shipments, also in SAP, and online through all carriers.
- Guide consumers, when necessary, to resources like Authorized Fender Warranty Service Centers for physical repairs.
- Coordinate with consumers, Fender dealers, authorized Fender service centers and Fender's Factory Repair Department to resolve customer service and product performance issues/disputes involving defective and damaged product.
- Maintain a call issues and resolutions records database and refer consumers to a myriad of non-FMIC resources to assist with their product, aftermarket parts or informational needs.
- Assist with our online store. You’ll receive and respond to customer communications in all available media in a professional and courteous manner.
What you need:
- A minimum of a high school diploma, or equivalent, while a college degree is preferred.
- 2-years of experience in a musical instruments retail sales &/or customer service contact center role that includes being held accountable for call metrics, sales revenue and/or conversion rate metrics
- 2-years of experience selling products in a call center or direct to consumer environment.Extensive technical knowledge of all Fender product lines.
- Experience with CRM and web chat platforms in a call center environment preferred.
- SAP experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to explain more complex or technical information to a broad-based audience, possibly with less knowledge.
- Experience working with MS Office products - Excel, Word, and Outlook at a minimum
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build a rapport with a customer over the phone.
- Strong sense of team-orientation.
- Excellent detail-orientation and strong organizational skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to be a very driven self-starter that may be asked to work independently and remotely where applicable.
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.