Business Development Assistant (BDA)
Who We Are:
LifeCents is a DC-based socially responsible software startup that helps consumers improve their financial health and well-being. As an online financial wellness platform, LifeCents empowers people to acquire the knowledge, build the habits and gain the confidence they need to make smarter everyday financial decisions.
The LifeCents team is a tight-knit group that values collaborative and creative problem solving, a desire for continuous personal and professional development, and a passion to make a positive impact on individuals and communities. We enjoy our work because we believe in what we do.
As a company, we are committed to continuous product innovation, building an outstanding brand, and creating new market opportunities to expand our footprint – and impact.
We are a venture-backed company and our clients and partnerships include Fortune 500 companies, financial service providers, government agencies, nonprofits and employers. For more information on LifeCents, visit www.lifecents.com.
- Business Development and Sales Support (75%)
- Research Support (25%)
Reports direct to: VP, Business Development
As the Business Development Assistant (BDA) for LifeCents, the BDA will assist the business development team in its short-term and long-term lead generation and support sales efforts. The BDA will conduct account and market research as well as conduct outbound prospecting via phone (cold and warm calls) and email. The BDA will work with the VP, Business Development and cross-functionally with the Client Implementation and Product Marketing teams.
Under the VP, Business Development of LifeCents, the BDA’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting direct sales and prospecting efforts for small/medium turnkey business opportunities through in-person meetings, cold and warm calls, online demos, assisting with email and direct mail campaigns, attending conferences and networking events, among other similar activities;
- Supporting the development of proposals and responses to relevant requests for proposals;
- Researching, identifying and prospecting personas, industry trends, competition and prospective partners and clients via email, calls, social media and other creative methods;
- 1 – 2 years of B2B sales experience or sales support;
- Experience with one or more customer relationship management (CRM) platforms preferred (Hubspot, Salesforce, Pipedrive etc.); experience with Office 365 (Word, Excel, Shared Drive, One Note, Teams, etc.) preferred, or a general enthusiasm to learn;
- Interpersonal Jedi Master: comfortable engaging potential clients immediately via any medium (phone, email, in person, etc.); but equally skillful at head’s down research when required;
- Interested in small but fast-paced and collaborative startup environment where your work has a direct impact on company growth;
- Entrepreneurial spirit with motivation to meet and surpass goals.
- Effective communicator who can articulate the vision, product and mission of the company to internal and external stakeholders.
1735 N Lynn ST
Arlington, VA 22209
LifeCents is an equal opportunity employer. LifeCents supports and recognizes the value of diversity and recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.