We are looking for a motivated, intelligent and results-driven individual with a passion for mergers and acquisitions with a commitment to excellence and previous relevant experience as a Head of Investment Banking or similar.
As the Head of Investment Banking, you will be responsible for the growth of a market-leading technology micro-cap M&A firm, FE International. You will report directly to the two original founders of the business with a mutually agreeable handover from the existing founding CEO (expected to be up to 12 months). The role is based in mid-town New York City with a current team of around 50 people.
Within this role, the Head of Investment Banking will be expected to oversee all operations including mergers and acquisitions (from origination to close), along with oversight of finance, legals, operations and HR. The CEO will also be expected to develop and launch new synergistic services for the company and continue to grow the business.
- Lead the M&A team in deal execution to hit company revenue targets;
- Help develop and launch synergistic services to continue to grow the company and sell to existing and new audiences;
- Help define the company’s short and long-term strategy;
- Ensure the company has sufficient resources in all respects to grow sustainably;
- Communicate with both internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the company and board;
- Maintain awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc;
- Review financial and non-financial reports to continuously make business improvements;
- Develop and mentor other senior leaders within the company;
- Maintain cohesive culture within the business and a team aligned in their values;
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics;
- Communicating a uniform vision for the company and making sure that it's understood and acted upon;
- Handle problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth; and
- Keeping up with industry news and trends by reading relevant publications and meeting with other professionals;
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Technical and practical M&A service experience and knowledge;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to multi-task and work to multiple concurrent deadlines;
- Independent thinking and creative problem solving;
- Understanding of the tech space such as SaaS and digital media;
- A high level of business acumen and technical knowledge;
- Ability to thrive under pressure;
- Data analysis and reporting; and
- Financial target driven.
Experience and Education:
- At least 10-15 years experience in M&A or Investment Banking essential;
- Relevant experience in a senior leadership role such as Head of Investment Banking; and
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or similar.
**Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship being required**
Salary: Up to $500k pa OTE