Spur, a digital staffing agency, is looking for hard-working and punctual Substitute Teachers in Selma City Schools for the 2022-2023 School year.
The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, adhering to the rules and guidelines set by the school and Spur. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide instruction, manage the classroom environment, and promote student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher. Candidates are expected to always represent the school and program positively and professionally. Must be able to work on an on call basis.
Duties expected of this position are:
- Implementing lesson plans
- Assigning classwork and homework
- Maintaining classroom control and discipline
- Creating daily reports for the classroom teacher
- Taking attendance per school procedures
- Setting up basic technology equipment to support classroom instructions
- Prior related experience working with children
- The ability to lift heavy objects to 40 lbs.
- Performing other miscellaneous duties as assigned requirements
- Must be able to obtain a State of Alabama Background check ($48.15)
- Must be able to obtain a State of Alabama Substitute Teachers License ($30.00)
This position pays $85.00 per day
- Accept Job Offer
- Complete New Worker Profile on Spur App
- Background check and Substitute license
- Start picking up assignments!!!
Perks and Benefits of Working with Spur
- What is Spur? How does it work?
- Get paid weekly on Friday via direct deposit or Spur provided pay card
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
- Health Insurance options available for all Spur workers
- Access free telehealth, teletherapy, prescription discounts, and more once you start working (no insurance, required)!
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their communities.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.