Spur is looking for attentive and dedicated claims processors for the Raleigh, NC area.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and an understanding of the importance of procedure and understand the Unclaimed Property Program. The primary duty of this position will be providing timely processing and adjudication of claims. Please familiarize yourself with the Unclaimed Property Program if you are interested in moving forward. https://www.nc.gov/unclaimed-property-search
Candidates are expected to always represent the workplace in a positive and professional manner. Must always maintain a punctual and professional outlook and appearance.
Duties expected of this position are:
- Conducting initial and secondary review and analysis of cash, securities, and tangible claims.
- Producing supporting documentation, for completeness and accuracy to determine if payment of property held by the Unclaimed Property
- Division can be made to the rightful owner per statutory and policy guidelines.
- Complete claim settlement processes, including the reconciliation and electronic file transfer of claims to be paid.
- Initiate and process claims for reciprocal states, garnishments, holder reimbursements, rewriters, bearer bonds, and owner outreach in a timely and effective manner using established guidelines.
- Assisting in reviewing and evaluating the validity of legal documents such as estate papers, Power of Attorney papers, and trust agreements in a timely and effective manner using established guidelines.
- Responding to claim inquiries assigned via departmental email in a timely and professional manner, using established guidelines.
- Communicating with claimants and holders, via e-mail, phone, or letter, as needed to facilitate the claims approval process.
- Serving as back-up to the Call Center and Administrative Support Unit by assisting with incoming mail and phone calls.
- Assisting with owner outreach events and all other duties as needed to support the receipt, safekeeping and return of unclaimed property to the rightful owners.
Submit your information by clicking Apply Now. If selected, your interview will be scheduled with North Carolina State Dpt. Treasurer. Must be able to pass the North Carolina State Dpt. Treasurer background check for position.
Job Types: Temporary
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.