Spur Staffing is seeking hardworking individuals for the Recycling Division of York County Public Works. These individuals will be hired as temporary employees working the MRF (Material Recovery Facility), which includes pick up and sorting of recyclable materials for the first shift. All areas have flexible hours with normal working schedule from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the importance and safety of recycling collection. The primary duty of this position will be collecting and sorting on the production line for recycling.
Daily operations for first shift include but not limited to:
Production sorting at the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF)
Pre sort line of metal, pot/pans/hose pipes etc.
Fiber line; separating cardboard, magazines, mixed papers etc.
This position will not require operations of equipment
- Pass national background check and 10 panel drug screening
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to lift and carry weight / heavy objects up to 30 pounds without assistance
- Must provide own transportation to and from the worksite.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 1 shift - 7:00 a.m. and 3:00p.m., excluding York County recognized holidays.
Rate: $12 / hour
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.
- Use the app to complete your new hire paperwork
- Work up to 40 hours/week by picking up shifts in the app
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit or paycard
- What is Spur, and how does it work?
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities