Thank you for your interest in working with Spur! We are currently seeking School Nutrition Program workers for Gwinnett County Public Schools.
**$300 bonus for BRAND NEW long-term workers that work every day in August, September, and October. Meaning you have a chance to earn up to $900! Returning workers are not eligible at this time.
We are currently hiring to fill school nutrition vacancies in the Meadowcreek Area for the upcoming school year! Please note that you can be assigned to any school within a certain radius/cluster.
We have staffed opportunities available for hire in the school nutrition department with Gwinnett County Public Schools. The staffed positions are Monday through Friday at a set location for the duration of the 2021-2022 school year. The substitute position allows you access to shifts in all schools in the Gwinnett County School district, as they come available. The hiring process consists of multiple steps that can be completed in the meantime, including a GCPS paid background check, a GCPS paid medical examination, and some short video trainings.
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Use the app to complete your new hire paperwork
- Work up to 40 hours/week by picking up shifts in the app
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit or paycard
- What is Spur, and how does it work?
How to get started:
- Apply for the position
- Selected candidates will be contacted with offers of employment
- Sign-up to have your fingerprints and background check completed (provided by district)
- Make an appt. to complete your medical and physical examination (provided by district)
- Complete a Spur worker profile in our app!
- Attend and complete orientation (paid, and provided by district)
- Start working!
What will your job duties entail?
- Using standardized recipes to prepare menu items according to work schedule
- Preparing hot and cold food stations for serving students and faculty
- Serving food properly to students and faculty
- Washing and stacking dishes, trays, pots, pans, and utensils properly
- Operating a variety of kitchen equipment including ovens, steamers, slicers, can openers, and mixers
- NOTE: Artificial nails, eyelashes, and nail polish are prohibited for this role due to food safety rules
Skill and abilities needed?
- Ability to follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to hear, understand, and follow verbal instructions given in the English language
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions in the English language at a minimum 8th grade level, such as safety instructions
We look forward to having you join the Spur community!
Job Types: Temporary, Long-Term, school-day hours
Salary: $11.37 /hour
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.