Spur is looking for hard working and dedicated farm managers in the Huntsville area for Oakwood Farms Market. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication and managerial skills, positively representing the university's image. The primary duty of this position will be planning, directing, and coordinating the management or operation of farms, ranches, greenhouses, aquaculturally operations, nurseries, timer tracts, or other agricultural establishments. This position reports directly to the general manager.
Duties expected of this position are:
- Hiring, training, and supervising farm workers or contracting for services to carry out day to day activities of the managed operation
- Engaging in or supervising planting, cultivating, harvesting, financial, or marketing activities
- Inspecting farm or ranch structures (buildings, fences, roads, and repairing/maintenance)
- Planning crop activities based on factors such as crop maturity and weather conditions
- Selecting/purchasing machinery, equipment, livestock, and supplies
- Analyzing market conditions to determine acreage allocations
- Planning/directing development or production of hardier yield hybrid plant varieties
- Replacing chemical insecticides with environmentally friendly practices
- Performing miscellaneous duties as assigned
Qualifications expected of this position are:
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Energetic and detail oriented
- Customer service focused
- Enjoys working with a team
- Book keeper, Customer service management, cash handling
- Effective leadership skills
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have ability to work Monday - Friday 7a-4p
- Workplace will provide a shirt
- Khaki or blue bottoms with no holes (no jeans allowed)
Rate: $16 p/ hour
Oakwood University is a historically Black Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher learning that provides quality Christian education. The university is situated on 1,185 beautiful acres, located in Huntsville, Alabama, the heart of the scenic Tennessee Valley.
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities