Spur is looking for hard working Sheet Metal/Deburr Technicians for American Alloy. The ideal candidate will hold warehouse experience and a forklift certification. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing dimensional and visual inspection of manufactured components and assemblies according to engineering drawings, and to qualify the compliance of all products per specifications and within the company’s ISO procedures. Expeditor tracks movement of work orders throughout the production floor and reports status to the Production Manager.
The duties and requirements for this position are:
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Trim, scrape, or deburr objects or parts, using hand tools and equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific finish requirements.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Assemble items as instructed by the Production Coordinator or Department Lead.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all company rules and policies, safety rules and quality standards.
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Must pass a background check
- Availability to work 7a - 3:30p Monday - Friday (Saturdays if needed)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated competency in basic hand and power tool usage.
- Basic ability to read and interpret blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
- Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
- Above average problem solving skills.
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work well under pressure and use initiative to meet team expectations.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
- Excellent attendance.
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
Workplace COVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 40 lbs. frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp, and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work in a 55 – 88 degree Fahrenheit work environment.
- Work a fast paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection.
Job Status: Temp to hire
Pay Rate: $10.00 - $14.00 p/hr (based on experience; determined by workplace)