Spur is looking for hard working Mechanical Assembly Technicians for American Alloy. The ideal candidate will hold assembly mechanical experience. The Individual will be required to take a hands on test which requires reading complex, multi-build engineering drawings and assembling a multi-piece build.
The duties and requirements for this position are:
- The Individual will be required to take a hands on test which requires reading engineering drawings and assembling a multi-piece build
- Interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, technical data and written work instructions on work orders
- Accurately assemble parts, components for complex, multi-build level assemblies, conforming to print tolerances
- Utilize hand and power tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, hammers, drills, air grinders, measuring devices
- Must be able to perform all areas of assembly, including working with Engineering on 1st articles, interpreting print instructions independently, and inspect finished assemblies for quality control.
- Maintain inventory of components for work in process.
- Complete required work order and inspection documentation.
- Maintain and service tools & equipment when necessary.
- Prepare finished products for shipment.
- Must pass a background check
- Availability to work 7a - 3:30p Monday - Friday (Saturdays if needed)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum 2 years experience in mechanical assembly in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years reading engineering drawings.
- Basic reading skills. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assemble parts and components quickly and accurately.
- Required to pass a work instruction comprehension and manual dexterity test.
- Experience with Quality Assurance/Inspection.
- Experience in a job-shop manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
- Ability to read calipers, gauges and micrometers.
- Basic ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and other shop drawing aids.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Above average problem-solving skills.
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work well under pressure and use initiative to meet team expectations.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
Workplace COVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks
- Be able to keep pace in a fast-paced environment
Job Status: Temp to hire
Pay Rate: $16.00 - $20.00 p/hr (based on experience; determined by workplace)