Spur is looking for hard working and dedicated service maintenance workers for the Auburn, AL area. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, as well as a strong work ethic for getting the job done. The primary duty of this position will be assisting in maintenance of the City’s rights-of-way.
Duties expected of this position are:
- Removes trash and debris from roadways and roadsides.
- Assists with the loading and securing of equipment for transport.
- Mows, edges and trims grass.
- Assists in clearing limbs and trees from right of way.
- Sets up safety devices, including traffic cones.
- Flags traffic at work sites.
- Maintains assigned tools and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The work is typically performed while standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light objects weighing less than 24 pounds and heavy objects weighing 24 pounds or more, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
- The work is typically outdoors. The employee is exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, irritating chemicals, and occasional cold or inclement weather. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
Pay Rate: $13.12 p/hr
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.