Spur Staffing is looking for punctual and professional special education paraprofessionals for Huntsville City Schools. This position will be working in the schools Monday - Friday. You would report to the same school every day. The ideal candidate will have a friendly, patient, and approachable attitude, understanding the importance of supporting teachers and/or school staff in enhancing the learning environment for students. The primary duty of this position will be;
- Must have prior experience working alongside children, individually or in a group setting.
- Working alongside teachers and staff in their day-to-day activities with special needs students.
- Must be able to assist with basic grade school level class work.
- Prior knowledge of an IEP is favorable.
- May be expected to escort or walk students to different activities within the school.
- Be able to adapt to different and changing behaviors.
- Must be open to helping new students with different needs as they may arise.
* Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 65 lbs. In some cases we have students who are more severely special needs and have to be lifted for different things including toileting. If this is the case for a job, you will be made known beforehand, to ensure that you are comfortable with this position.
This position will require a State of Alabama Education Background check.
Pay Rate - $11.25/hour
Hours - School Hours Monday - Friday
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Use the app to complete your new hire paperwork
- Work up to 40 hours/week by picking up shifts in the app
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit or paycard
- What is Spur, and how does it work?
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary