Spur, a digital staffing Company is looking for an energetic Electronic Document Management Coordinator for the Town of Palm Beach. This is a temporary position for several months with a pay rate of up to $50.00 an hour based on experience. This position serves as an analyst and project manager, analyzing workflow and Town business processes, managing electronic content systems, and designing and implementing computer applications to enhance the work performed by Town departments. Responsible for the installation and management of associated applications and/or similar electronic content systems: Laserfiche, JustFOIA, Granicus LiveManager, Exchange Compliance Management, SharePoint, OnBase, and CivicPlus, ensuring that they are aligned with strategic objectives of their business units. Work involves developing and understanding of department business processes by interviewing staff, analyzing information, modeling and documenting processes, identifying any problems and possible solutions; researching hardware, software, and database solutions to resolve business concerns with available technology; researching software and working with vendors to specify Town needs; working with staff and vendors in software maintenance, support and testing; and providing training and end-user support to diagnose and resolve operational problems in software and hardware. Work requires a high level of technical knowledge in enterprise-wide electronic content management/document management applications, understanding server systems, and understanding integration of digital solutions. Work is performed in conjunction with other Information Technology (IT) team members and business owners. The position is evaluated through annual goals, customer service surveys, conferences, records and reports, and successful implementation of change management and system stability.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates the capabilities of the business system and design processes and procedures to support the organization's strategic initiatives, priorities, and day-to-day operations.
- Manages and maintains key elements of Town electronic content management (ECM) systems, including location, record type retention schedules, user groups and profiles, viewer options, global settings and other system specifics.
- Tests changes to the ECM database, ensuring new requirement changes and software upgrades are configured properly and system operates properly for all affected users.
- Administers, maintains, develops, validates, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the daily operation, security and integrity of the application, database, and applicable interfaces, according to department and system standards.
- Develops, validates, and implements daily support tasks and standard operating procedures based on the operational requirements of the department (reports, configurations, data entry, etc.)
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify the system.
- Ensures that maintenance and licensing contracts are current.
- Provides assistance in developing the annual operating budget.
- Provides user administration for the Town website according to system standards.
- Supports and facilitates the digital solutions necessary for public meetings (streaming, audio-visual).
- Perform e-mail compliance management searches in conjunction with the Town Clerk on a backup basis as needed in accordance with State recordkeeping and archival statutes and other relevant legal requirements.
- Perform after-hours on call support as needed.
- Maintain current disaster recovery plans and coordinate annual testing.
- Review and evaluate new software releases, modules, patches and system upgrades relative to organizational strategies and priorities.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled maintenance with the IT support teams to minimize the impact of downtime on operations.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent. College degree in a related field preferred.
- Must have five years of experience installing, managing, and supporting an enterprise electronic content management solution such as SharePoint, Laserfiche, or OnBase.
- Must have five years of experience in data modeling, workflow creation and development, and user interface redesign.
- Two years of cross-functional project management experience required.
- Experience managing audio-video systems and streaming services preferred.
- Knowledge of Open Records, Freedom of Information Laws, and State of Florida Sunshine records laws preferred.
- Experience with records requests and solutions used in satisfying records requests preferred.
- Additional related college, university, and/or vocational school training is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver's license, or the ability to obtain one within 30 days.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analyze business requirements and define solution architecture.
- Apply effective analytical methods to existing and new applications.
- Beginners level knowledge of SQL, Windows Servers, and report writing tools such as Crystal Reports and SSRS.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, departmental officials, and the general public, both in person and over the phone
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, telephone, or personal contact with a variety of people.
- Ability to effectively train, evaluate end-user abilities while directing the completion of projects in a professional, effective, and timely manner.
- Proficient software skills as a user and business administrator for the following programs or equivalent systems: computer-based applications for work order management, e-mail, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, or equivalent), Novus Agenda, Laserfiche document imaging or similar content management/services platform, EDEN or similar enterprise database, and Granicus.
- Ability to maneuver through routine computer duties and tasks.
- Use the app to complete your new hire paperwork
- Work up to 40 hours/week by picking up shifts in the app
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit or paycard
- What is Spur, and how does it work?