Spur is looking for hard working and dependable Bistro Chef / Managers in the Huntsville area for Oakwood University. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a kitchen, with a passion for empowering a team. The primary duty of this position will be assisting the general manager, as well as informing them of arising issues or concerns.
Duties expected of this position are:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising staff
- Achieving targeted sales, margins, and labor goals
- Monitoring and documenting shrink; making adjustments as necessary to fulfill shrink targets
- Executing merchandising and sales strategies
- Executing excellent retail operational standards within the Bistro not limited to ordering supplies, stocking inventory, managing cleanliness, and sanitation practices
- Assessing and improving profitability
- Handling administrations and paperwork including invoices
- Assisting with customer services
- Making improvements and developing the Bistro for possible expansion to additional locations
- Workplace will provide a shirt
- Khaki or blue bottoms with no holes (no jeans allowed)
Qualifications expected of this position are:
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
- ServSafe Certificate, Food Handlers Certificate or NFS Food Safety and Quality Training preferred
- Strong work ethic, ability to accept constructive feedback
- Flexible, coping with pressure
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Positive attitude and a team player
Rate: $11.25 / hour
Oakwood University is a historically Black Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher learning that provides quality Christian education. The university is situated on 1,185 beautiful acres, located in Huntsville, Alabama, the heart of the scenic Tennessee Valley.
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities