Spur, a digital staffing agency, is looking for hard-working and punctual school nutrition food assistants in the Marietta City Schools area.
Now Hiring to fill the few remaining spots for the 2020-2021 school year.
The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, adhering to the rules and guidelines set by the school. The primary responsibilities of this position are performing routine duties involved in the preparation and serving of food as part of the kitchen facilities and equipment operations and cleaning under the supervision of the cafeteria manager or designated supervisor. Candidates are expected to always represent the school and program in a positive and professional manner. Candidates must wear black pants, a white shirt, and non-skid, slip-resistant shoes, and may not have artificial nails or polish. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Duties expected of this position are:
- Using standardized recipes to prepare menu items according to the schedule
- Using the approved batch marking methods as outline in the Standard Operating Procedures
- Recording all times and temperatures on their appropriate logs
- Setting up hot and cold food stations/counters for serving, properly stocking stations/counters and carts with plates, napkins and condiments
- Serving food properly to students, staff, and faculty according to the standardized recipe
- Entering cafeteria sales, maintaining an accurate account of cash collected and meals served, completing bank deposits, and completing end day reports accurately
- Washing and properly stacking dishes, trays, pots, pans, and other utensils in a commercial dishwasher and/or sink
- Cleaning kitchen equipment and work areas following Standard Operating Procedures
- Receiving, unpacking, dating, storing, and rotating supplies in a freezer, cooler, and stock room
- Operating a variety of kitchen equipment including ovens, steamers, hot and cold storage cabinets, slicers, can openers, and mixers
- Dismantling serving and preparation equipment ensuring they are clean, sanitized and secure
- Representing the school and program in a positive and professional manner in all activities
- Ensuring compliance with established food safety practices regarding proper dress and hygiene, as outlined in the personnel handbook and food safety Standard Operating Procedures
- Understanding and following program rules and requirements such as reimbursable meals, portion control, serving size, meal patterns, and nutrient requirements
- Attending job-related classes, workshops, in-service, and staff meetings as directed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis, and lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Perks and Benefits of Working with Spur
- What is Spur? How does it work?
- Get paid weekly on Friday via direct deposit
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
- Health Insurance options available for all Spur workers
- Participate in the Spur Perks employee program to access over 300,000 discounts (up to 40% savings) on everything from pizza and the zoo, to movie tickets, oil changes and car rentals!
- This position pays $11.07/hour
- Job Type: Temporary, 20-35 hours per week, Monday thru Friday, depending on location
- Substitute CNP positions are also available!
- Must be able to obtain a Marietta Background Check ($49.25) which takes 5-7 business days to process
- Must be able to complete a worker profile in the Spur app, and pass our (free) Goodhire background check
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.