Spur is looking for enthusiastic and approachable leaders to fill a role as a substitute teacher in Sheffield City Schools. This would be at L.E. Wilson Elementary School. There is a preference certified teachers, but can also have a sub teacher license for this role as well, the pay rate is different for a certified teacher. The ideal candidate for the job would enjoy working with students as well as hold a passion for teaching. Substitutes are expected to be punctual and professional as well as maintain a professional appearance. There are various start and end dates for this position and can be explained if you are contacted about this role.
The duties and requirements for this position are:
- Implementing lesson plans
- Assigning classwork and homework
- Maintaining classroom control and discipline
- Creating daily reports for the classroom teacher
- Taking attendance in accordance with school procedures
- Setting up basic technology equipment to support classroom instructions
- Able to work on on-call basis
- Prior related experience working with children
- The ability to lift heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
- Performing other miscellaneous duties as assigned requirements
Benefits of Spur
- With Spur, work when you want, manage your work schedule from your phone and get paid weekly. Spur workers are also eligible for healthcare benefits and other exciting perks!
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.