Spur Jobs is looking for punctual and professional special education paraprofessionals for Marshall County Schools. This position will start with the new school year and is a long term and extends until the end of the school year. You would report to the same school Monday-Friday. The ideal candidate will have a friendly, patient, and approachable attitude, understanding the importance of supporting teachers and/or school staff in enhancing the learning environment for students. The primary duty of this position will be;
- Must have prior experience working alongside children, individually or in a group setting.
- Working alongside teachers and staff in their day-to-day activities with special needs students.
- Must be able to assist with basic grade school level class work.
- Prior knowledge of an IEP is favorable.
- May be expected to escort or walk students to different activities within the school.
- Be able to adapt to different and changing behaviors.
- Must be open to helping new students with different needs as they may arise.
* Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 65 lbs. In some cases we have students who are more severely special needs and have to be lifted for different things including toileting. If this is the case for a job, you will be made known beforehand, to ensure that you are comfortable with this position.
Benefits of SpurWith Spur, work when you want, manage your work schedule from your phone and get paid weekly. Spur workers are also eligible for healthcare benefits and other exciting perks!