Spur is looking for punctual and professional special education paraprofessionals for the Albertville area. This is position would be for the 2020-2021 school year. The the candidate must be a certified teacher for the state of Alabama, which mean you possess a valid teaching license (not a substitute teachers license). For this position you would be assigned to the same school Monday - Friday, but you could be in different classrooms per day.
Candidate must processes skills and have knowledge of
- A friendly and approachable attitude and understanding the importance of supporting teachers and/or school staff in enhancing the learning environment for students.
- Must be able to work alongside other teachers and staff in their day-to-day activities.
- Assisting in preparation of instructional materials and physical environment
- Assisting in planning and preparation for group and individual activities
- Supervising students as assigned, during instructional and non-instructional activities
- Must have prior experience working alongside children
- Assisting with testing and evaluation to determine student progress
- Participating in activities that will develop positive interaction in the instructional process Performing
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 65 lbs.
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.