Spur is looking for friendly and approachable assistant managers for a fruit venue in the Huntsville area. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of deli, food service, or restaurant management experience. The primary responsibility of this position will be assisting the general manager, as well as informing them of any issues or concerns within the department.
Duties expected of this position are:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising staff
- Achieving targeted sales, margins, and labor goals
- Monitoring and documenting shrink; making adjustments as necessary to fulfill shrink target
- Executing merchandising and sales strategies
- Executing excellent retail operational standards within the Bistro not limited to ordering supplies, stocking inventory, managing cleanliness, and sanitation practices
- Assessing and improving profitability
- Handling administration and paperwork including invoices
- Assisting with customer services
- Making improvements and developing the Bistro for possible expansion to additional locations
Qualifications expected of this position are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Culinary or College degree
- 3-5 years in Deli, Food Service, or Restaurant Management
- Attention to detail; ability to make concise decisions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
Rate: $11.00 / hour
Oakwood University is a historically Black Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher learning that provides quality Christian education. The university is situated on 1,185 beautiful acres, located in Huntsville, Alabama, the heart of the scenic Tennessee Valley.
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities