Spur is looking for friendly and approachable team members for the Treehouse Bistro in the Huntsville area. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and experience in the food industry. The primary responsibility will be assisting cooks and kitchen staff with the tasks they need to provide a safe and productive work environment.
Duties expected of this position are:
- Understanding and complying with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures
- Taking and recording temperatures of food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers
- Washing, peeling, and cutting various foods such as fruits and vegetables to prepare for cooking or serving
- Receiving and storing food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas
- Assisting cooks and kitchen staff with various task as needed and provide cooks with needed items
- Carrying food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas
- Using manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods
- Promptly informing supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items
- Making special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches
- Cash handling procedures, POS operations, customer service and other duties as assigned
- Workplace will provide a shirt
- Khaki or blue bottoms with no holes (no jeans allowed)
Qualifications expected of this position are:
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
- ServSafe Certificate, Food Handlers Certificate or NFS Food Safety and Quality Training preferred
- Strong work ethic, ability to accept constructive feedback
- Flexible, coping with pressure
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Positive attitude and a team player
Rate: $11.00 / hour
Oakwood University is a historically Black Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher learning that provides quality Christian education. The university is situated on 1,185 beautiful acres, located in Huntsville, Alabama, the heart of the scenic Tennessee Valley.
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities