Spur is looking for upscale hard working culinary line cook positions for the newest up and coming restaurant in the Huntsville area. Rhythm on Monroe is connected to the VBC. The ideal candidate will value the experience of patrons and work well under stress in a fast pace restaurant environment. The ideal candidate will also have upscale service experience.
This is a from scratch open kitchen that requires a high energy team oriented individual. Previous experience required for Grill, Pantry, Fry, Prep and some experience needed for Steward/Dishwasher.
The restaurant is open 7 days a week mainly dinner with some lunch events.
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
The duties and requirements for this position are:
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Using a variety of techniques of cooking and equipment not limited to cold prep, slicing, baking, frying and sauté while following specified recipes.
- High level of energy and focus throughout the entire shift.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Prepping all the recipes, chopping vegetables, making sauces/dressings, and ensuring that the team has the food needed to deliver picture perfect food to our guests
- You must adhere to all safety/sanitation requirements and have good personal hygiene.
- Must have strong communication skills, a high attention to detail, electronic and computer proficiency.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- Rhythm on Monroe expects employees to work their schedule as it is assigned to them weekly. All call outs must be approved by the Manager on Duty before scheduled shift and must be accompanied by a doctor's excuse.
- Must pass a background check.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of serving experience in a full-service restaurant. (Upscale pref.)
- Available to work day/night shifts and weekends/holidays.
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.