Spur Staffing is looking for punctual and professional special education paraprofessionals for Birmingham City Schools. This position is for long term and would start when the 2020-2021 until the school year ends. You would report to the same school Monday-Friday. The ideal candidate will have a friendly, patient, and approachable attitude, understanding the importance of supporting teachers and/or school staff in enhancing the learning environment for students. The primary duty of this position will be;
- Must have prior experience working alongside children, individually or in a group setting.
- Working alongside teachers and staff in their day-to-day activities with special needs students.
- Must be able to assist with basic grade school level class work.
- Prior knowledge of an IEP is favorable.
- May be expected to escort or walk students to different activities within the school.
- Be able to adapt to different and changing behaviors.
- Must be open to helping new students with different needs as they may arise.
* Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 65 lbs. In some cases we have students who are more severely special needs and have to be lifted for different things including toileting. If this is the case for a job, you will be made known beforehand, to ensure that you are comfortable with this position.
- This position pays $11/hour
- Must be able to obtain an ALSDE Background Check ($49.25) which can take up to 2-3 weeks to process
- Must be able to obtain and pass a TB test
- Must be able to complete a worker profile in the Spur app.
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL