Spur is looking for enthusiastic and approachable candidates to fill Afterschool Instructional Assistant positions for the Dothan, AL. The ideal candidate for the job would enjoy working with students as well as have a firm understanding of how to ensure an optimal and safe student environment.
Site leaders are expected to be punctual and professional as well as maintain a professional appearance. Positions schedules will be based on the school’s standard schedule, however, some districts may offer opportunities outside of the regular school schedule. Extra opportunities are dictated entirely by the district in which they fall and are not guaranteed. Candidates must be able to work on an on-call basis.
The duties and requirements for this position are:
- Supervising students consistently during designated hours
- Teaching enrichment lessons
- Leading students in a variety of structured and unstructured activities
- Ensuring proper student behavior and following designated behavior management systems
- Ensuring that school spaces are kept clean and organized
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Must pass a background check
- Additional training online and in-person
- Availability to work M-F 2:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
What are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
**Pay Rate: $12.00 p/hr
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur’s ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company. The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their lives.