Come join the marketing team at Fauna to help bring Fauna's message to the widest target audience possible. At Fauna, we're poised to disrupt the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security and other mission critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning.
We're looking for a passionate technical evangelist who will drive our efforts for educating enterprise developers and architects on the power and flexibility of applications built with Fauna, cultivate a community and develop conversations around distributed systems.
You will work closely with the engineering, marketing and sales teams to find opportunities for engagement in various developer communities. You will often be the first point of contact with Fauna for developers at conferences, meetups and elsewhere in the community - both on and offline and you will help build our point of view in the market.
What You Will Do:
- Craft strongly technical written, video and audio content to showcase Fauna's capabilities and use cases.
- Formulate developer-centric webinars, online trainings and podcasts aimed to engage our technical audience.
- Build, maintain and host sample applications, tutorials and demos that differentiate Fauna.
- Create and present talks at industry conferences and meetups while representing Fauna in the developer community.
- Engage with the partner ecosystem to help build prototypes and proof-of-concepts, as well as seed ideas for extending the Fauna platform.
- Collate, analyze and deliver communicate community feedback to the engineering team to help guide our user experience and champion new features.
What You Will Bring:
- Strong background in software development and hands-on experience in Cloud-native applications or distributed systems.
- Deep experience in using and implementing relational and NoSQL databases across a variety of vendors.
- Development experience in one or more of the following languages: Scala, Java, Go, Python, or Ruby, and / or other functional programming experience.
- A real passion for sharing your knowledge with your developers, architects as well as business audiences.
- The ability to translate technical concepts into terms that can be easily understood both in written and verbal forms.
- Strong public speaking experience and excel at presenting in small and large groups (online and offline).
- Proficiency in using audio/video tools for creating necessary content, or willingness to learn.
- The ability and appetite to become proficient in unfamiliar technologies.
- Bandwidth to travel up to 30%.
We are Fauna! …. A well-funded Series A startup, building the first mission critical NoSQL database. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms and led by the team that scaled Twitter. We are remote-first (but not remote-only) and based in San Francisco and Boston.
We place high value on our employees and it shows in our benefits which include:
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for our employees AND their families.
- Unlimited PTO
- Life insurance
- PTO for Civil Engagements
- Commuter benefits for our non-remote employees
- A strong commitment to work life balance in a family friendly environment opposed to the crunch and burn-out cycle common to start ups.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.