At Fauna, we're changing the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security, and other mission-critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning.
We’re looking for an engineer who loves APIs with beautiful, useful documentation to take ownership of our documentation pipeline and help produce docs that will be the envy of everyone in the distributed database world. You will not have to single-handedly write everything, but you will be deeply involved in writing developer guides and building code examples. You will also be in charge of our documentation tech stack, helping to build a pipeline that makes it easy for you and others to contribute to our docs.
Our software is four years in the making and we’ve taken the time to build things right. Our founders ran the databases that powered Twitter during its early years of crazy growth and applied all they learned there to build the database they wish they had. You’ll be working with a talented team of software engineers who have been tech leads for service teams, built globally distributed systems, contributed to popular open source projects, and worked at engineering leaders like Amazon, Twitter, and Oracle.
What You Will Do:
- Write and design instructional content for developers and system administrators
- Edit documentation contributions from engineering, support, and sales to maintain a consistent experience
- Install and configure complex technical systems to test and improve your content
- Develop code samples and interactive tutorials to help developers get up to speed quickly
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and technical support
- Help Fauna build an amazing company through contributing lessons learned, supporting internal projects, and automating all the things
What You Will Bring:
- Desire and proven ability to learn new technologies
- Experience with Git, Markdown, and two or more programming languages
- Fluency in written English
- Familiarity with Linux networking, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to large, small, and one-to-one technical audiences
- A self-starter who takes the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and development
- Distributed database experience
- Experience working on a remote friendly team
Fauna is a well-funded Series A startup building the first mission-critical NoSQL database. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms. We are remote-first (but not remote-only) and based in San Francisco and Boston.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations, and continually make it easier for customers to use and deploy FaunaDB both in the cloud and on prem. If you are that type of person, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.