At Fauna, we're changing the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security, and other mission-critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps / Operations Engineer to take ownership of and operate our internal systems including our hosted Fauna offering and development automation. The development team will be involved in running systems and will share on-call duty, but you will be responsible for ensuring our infrastructure and automation are organized and run well. You will be deeply involved in choosing tools to support our infrastructure. Our cloud offering is served across multiple providers, so you will be working across all of the major cloud providers.
Our software is four years in the making and we’ve taken the time to build things right. Our founders ran the databases that powered Twitter during its early years of crazy growth and applied all they learned there to build the database they wish they had. You’ll be working with a talented team of software engineers who have been tech leads for service teams, built globally distributed systems, contributed to popular open source projects, and worked at engineering leaders like Amazon, Twitter, and Oracle.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain and expand our CI pipeline and automation
- Evaluate new technologies and update/improve standard practices
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation
- Maintain a high standard of code quality in a clean, well-tested codebase
- Participate in design discussions to build a highly-available system that’s easy to operate
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and technical support
- Help Fauna build an amazing company by contributing lessons learned, supporting internal projects, and automating all the things
What You Will Bring:
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps, SRE, or Systems Operations roles
- Experience using system configuration tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience working with at least one of the major cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with Linux networking, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to large, small, and one-to-one technical audiences
- A self-starter who takes the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and development
- Distributed database operations experience
- Experience working in a remote friendly team
- Strong knowledge of Ansible
- Comfort with Datadog
- Experience with Kubernetes
Fauna is a well-funded Series A startup building the first mission-critical NoSQL database. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms. We are remote-first (but not remote-only) and based in San Francisco and Boston.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations, and continually make it easier for customers to use and deploy FaunaDB both in the cloud and on prem. If you are that type of person, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.