At Fauna, we're poised to disrupt the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security and other mission critical capabilities in RDBMSs with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning.
Come join the Marketing group as Fauna’s first Sr. Visual Designer, where you'll work with a diverse set of database fanatics to improve our overall enterprise-readiness through impeccable visual communication. You’ll be working with one of the most talented teams in the world (being remote-first, our team is all over the globe) in building the brand presence, creative assets and executing on various design needs across marketing and product.
What you will do:
- Develop robust brand guidelines to be adopted across the entire organization
- Create a consistent, recognizable language of intuitive iconography and other visual assets
- Lead the design of all print- and web-based marketing collateral (the main website, corporate decks, landing pages, email templates, t-shirts and swag, billboards, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Product team’s UX/UI designers on visual styling of our database management system, and how to help it match your branding guidelines while still following usability best practices
What you MUST bring:
- A passion for visual and brand design
- 4-8 years of experience with graphic design, color, typography and branding
- Ability to create quick graphics deliverables with minimum direction (ad banners, Twitter cards, page headers, …)
- Proven ability to quickly understand complex concepts and distill them into simple, elegant visual experiences
- Design experience in a tech/startup environment, preferably Series A, where you managed the branding efforts
- The ability to push for new, innovative solutions to standard design problems
- Experience in building and cultivating branding for fast-paced early stage companies
- Experience designing for SaaS and other developer tools
- Experience designing for the responsive web
- Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign,...)
- Hands-on experience and ability to operate within CraftCMS or equivalent
- *A portfolio demonstrating all of this
What you MAY bring:
- Basic coding experience (HTML, CSS, jQuery)
- Any copywriting or editing experience
- Basic knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience designing complex user interfaces or dashboards
*To be considered, along with your resume, please include:
- Samples of your recent work
- A portfolio link or attachment which will heavily weigh in our evaluation
- An explanation of which portfolio pieces you think best demonstrate the requirements listed above and which parts of your portfolio were group work vs. your individual efforts
We are Fauna! .... A well-funded Series A startup, building the first modern operational data platform without compromises or limits. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms and led by the team that scaled Twitter. We are remote friendly and based in San Francisco and Boston.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually make it easier for customers to utilize and deploy FaunaDB both in the cloud and on prem. If you are that type of person, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.