Come join the Customer Success team at Fauna as Technical Enablement Lead where you’ll play a highly impactful lead role in building our customers’ skills with Fauna DB and developing Fauna’s technical enablement capabilities, both of which are critical factors in driving FaunaDB adoption and growing Fauna’s business.
Fauna is poised to disrupt the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security and other mission critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning. We work diligently to craft a remote experience where every team and individual thrives.
Our software is four years in the making and we’ve taken the time to build things right. You’ll have the opportunity to work with brilliantly talented Engineering, Product, Community, and Solution Architect teams; engineers who scaled Twitter, Microsoft, and Oracle, and Solution Architects who have worked with brands like Starbucks, Apple, Google, Microsoft, EA Sports, Capital One, and Disney, just to name a few.
We are looking for someone who is excited by learning new technologies and an ace at elegantly communicating complex technical concepts. You care deeply about guiding your learners to the deep satisfaction of that "ah-ha" moment in discovering a new powerful concept. This role gives you the opportunity to bring your experience and leadership to develop Fauna’s enterprise customer technical enablement capabilities.
What you will do:
- Develop technical enablement content such as lessons and labs by leveraging material from Fauna Product Community, professional services, pre-sales engineering, Engineering and by authoring your own
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Solution Architects, and Solution Engineers to understand new feature releases and deliver new feature enablement
- Maintain and continuously improve existing content for all training delivery formats; classroom, virtual, on-demand, public and private
Customer Enablement Operations
- Onboard Fauna Solution Architects and Solution Engineers to training content and enable them to deliver enablement in person and virtually
- Own responsibility for day to day training operations including learner facing services, LMS, supporting instructors in training delivery, etc.
- Maintain the master enablement schedule, communications, training delivery logistics, and reporting
- Assist and, when possible, deliver training content so you stay directly exposed to the user experience
- Collaborate closely with Marketing and Community teams to present a unified customer experience across all audiences
Learner Success and Fauna Business Results
- Track key performance metrics such as learner satisfaction, skills acquisition, skills adoption in product, customer success contribution, ROI
- Create and implement strategies to maximize KPIs
- Partner with Fauna Sales, Marketing and Community to maximize registration and consumption of Fauna private and public training
- Partner with Customer Success leadership in crafting Fauna's enablement strategy and roadmap. Own execution of the enablement strategy; learning path, platforms, certifications, operational best practices and processes.
What you bring:
- Proven success developing and delivering technical enablement (5+ years)
- Experience developing technical learning content in a variety of formats such as slides, labs, code samples, demos, documents, and webinars across multiple delivery modes such as in-person, virtual, and self-service
- Hands on experience maintaining or leading enablement operations and platforms
- Outstanding overall communication and writing skills
- Software engineering experience in either application development or database operations, ideally in both
- Familiarity with Linux based systems, networking, and public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCS, Azure)
- Ideally, experience in NoSQL or distributed data systems such as Cassandra, MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Redis, etc
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally on a limited basis
- Excitement and energy as you work in a fast paced startup environment, while thriving on a distributed team.
- Strong pride of ownership of your work results and customer outcomes.
- Genuine interest in helping your customers build and apply skills, and adopt new technologies.
- Deep passion about delivering a great learner experience.
We are Fauna! …. A well-funded Series A startup, building the first mission critical NoSQL database. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms and led by the team that scaled Twitter. We are remote-first (but not remote-only) and based in San Francisco and Boston.
We place high value on our employees and it shows in our benefits which include:
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for our employees AND their families.
- Unlimited PTO
- Life insurance
- PTO for Civil Engagements
- Commuter benefits for our non-remote employees
- A strong commitment to work life balance in a family friendly environment opposed to the crunch and burn-out cycle common to start ups, so you can invest in the things that matter most
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.