Come join the Customer Success team at Fauna as a Lead Distributed Systems Support Engineer! Fauna is poised to disrupt the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security and other mission critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning. We work diligently to craft a remote experience where every team and individual thrives. You will be the face of Fauna when our customers reach out for guidance or help. You’ll play a critical role in helping our customers grow their use of Fauna DB and in growing Fauna’s business.
Our software is four years in the making and we’ve taken the time to build things right. You’ll be working with brilliantly talented Engineering, Product, and Solution Architect teams; engineers who scaled Twitter, Microsoft, and Oracle, and Solution Architects who have worked with brands like Starbucks, Apple, Google, Microsoft, EA Sports, Capital One, and Disney, just to name a few. As a critical voice of the customer and deep user experience expert for these teams, you will have the chance to impact Fauna’s product roadmap, user experience, and bug fix priorities.
We are looking for someone who is an ace troubleshooter and cares deeply about helping your customers. You understand that customers are happiest when you not only understand their challenges and can guide them to a long term solution, but you are also great to work with. Since Fauna is growing fast, you can bring your experience with customer support systems and practices and be the lead on implementing automations, optimizations, and new capabilities to improve our customer experience and grow Fauna’s efficiency and scale.
What you will do:
- Exercise your exceptional customer relationship, diagnosis, root cause analysis, and troubleshooting skills to insure Fauna users are successful and happy
- First listen, understand, and empathize, then handhold, teach, and guide Fauna users in order to foster deep, trusted relationships
- Provide expert direction and counsel on questions of functionality, performance, scale, maintenance, and Fauna DB operations
- Resolve customer incidents and questions expediently while providing a high quality customer experience, ensuring that our customer satisfaction and support level commitments are met and exceeded
- Help customers on Fauna Cloud deployed as a serverless DBAAS as well as implementations of Fauna DB on public cloud and on-premise
- Tackle particularly challenging customer technical issues enthusiastically with commitment to dig in, research, reproduce, troubleshoot, solve, and guide the customer to a successful outcome
- Be a key voice of the customer and advocate for users' needs in collaborating internally with Engineering, Product, Sales, and Services to help drive product roadmap and bug fix priorities
- Identify issues with high customer technical or business impact and escalate them appropriately with Engineering, Product, and Sales. Manage the escalated issues to resolution while resetting customer expectations in cases where the escalation is long-running.
- Proactively participate in managing, automating, and creating new support infrastructure to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and to continuously improve the customer experience
- Contribute articles, tutorials, and code samples to Fauna's customer facing documentation and knowledge base
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience in a customer support role
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify root cause in both client applications and database operations of enterprise mission critical systems
- Strong understanding of Linux based systems administration, networking, public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Solid understanding of distributed system concepts from experience with systems such as PostgresSQL, Cassandra, Couchbase, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, etc
- Ability to troubleshoot database queries written in Java, Scala, Python, Go, C#, etc
- Genuine interest in helping your customers and delivering a great total experience
- Patience, empathy, and positive communication across multiple channels; email, phone, video, chat, social media, and in person
- Excitement and energy that comes with working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Pride of ownership of your work while serving on a distributed team
- A strong motivation for results and customer outcomes.
We are Fauna! .... A well-funded Series A startup, building the first modern operational data platform without compromises or limits. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms and led by the team that scaled Twitter. We are remote friendly and based in San Francisco and Boston.
To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually make it easier for customers to utilize and deploy FaunaDB both in the cloud and on prem. If you are that type of person, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.