At Fauna, we're poised to disrupt the world of enterprise software with a unique distributed database that marries relational querying, ACID compliance, end-to-end security and other mission critical capabilities with the global scale and availability seen in NoSQL systems. We're targeting a $40B+ operational database market, and that is only the beginning. We work diligently to craft a remote experience where every team and individual thrives.
Our software is four years in the making and we’ve taken the time to build things right. You’ll be part of a brilliantly talented team of experienced Solution Architects who have architected, built, and scaled massive distributed systems at companies such as Starbucks, Apple, Google, Microsoft, EA Sports, Capital One, and Disney, just to name a few. Your deep experience with Fauna’s customers will provide critical feedback to Fauna’s Product and Engineering teams, some of the same engineers who scaled Twitter, Microsoft, and Oracle, to set Fauna’s future product direction.
Fauna's Solutions Architects solve our clients' most challenging technical problems from initial design to implementation of FaunaDB. We are looking for experienced Solution Architects who are not only excellent technologists but also love to work with customers and deliver systems that drive tremendous business value.
What You Will Do:
- Deliver Fauna DB solutions that accelerate customer time to go live and drive long term customer value
- Design and build high performing Fauna DB solutions through data modeling, query design and optimization for latency and scale
- Tune cluster operations for supportability, availability, resilience, scalability, and secure data operations.
- Facilitate all phases of application lifecycle from design and development to production integration into customer enterprise architectures
- As a critical technical voice of the customer, work closely with Engineering, Product, Sales, and Support to drive Fauna’s product roadmap
- Partner with account teams to scope solution implementations while assessing technical opportunities, risks, and questions
- Share your experience and build your brand by authoring blogs, conference presentations, whitepapers, and lessons learned from customer engagements
- Help our customers build deep Fauna developer, operator, and architect skills by delivering instructor led training and other forms of enablement
- Continually expand and deepen your technical skills by staying up to date on the latest enterprise architectures and data management trends
- Help Fauna build an amazing company through contributing lessons learned, supporting internal projects, and automating all the things.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and team meetings to work face to face and enrich your professional relationships.
What You Will Bring:
- 4+ years designing and implementing production transactional enterprise data solutions on NoSQL platforms such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, Hbase, etc.
- Hands on data modeling and query tuning experience
- Hands on application development experience in one or more of Java, Scala, Python, Go, C#, etc.
- Familiarity with linux based production database operations in cloud and on premise, linux networking, monitoring, and troubleshooting, especially distributed systems at scale
- DevOps experience is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with advanced technical degrees a plus
- Passion, hustle, and the ability to thrive on a distributed team within a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to technical audiences large, small, and one to one
- Track record of operating independently with customer architects, developers, and operators to guide them down the path of successful software solution development and launch to production
- A self starter who takes the initiative to improve both themselves and the team through continuous learning and development
We are Fauna! …. A well-funded Series A startup, building the first mission critical NoSQL database. We're backed by Point 72 Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRV, Data Collective, Quest Venture Partners, and many more leading Silicon Valley firms and led by the team that scaled Twitter. We are remote-first (but not remote-only) and based in San Francisco and Boston.
We place high value on our employees and it shows in our benefits which include:
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for our employees AND their families.
- Unlimited PTO
- Life insurance
- PTO for Civil Engagements
- Commuter benefits for our non-remote employees
- A strong commitment to work life balance in a family friendly environment opposed to the crunch and burn-out cycle common to start ups, so you can invest in the things that matter most
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.