Fauna is a distributed document-relational database delivered as a cloud API. With Fauna, developers can simplify code, reduce costs, and ship applications faster by replacing their database infrastructure with a highly productive and programmable data API that combines the power of custom business logic with the ease of TypeScript. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute engine is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets developers experience freedom from database operations at any scale.
We're disrupting a $60B+ operational database market, growing quickly, and looking to hire, develop and empower the best! You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies and globally-distributed systems at companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Okta, Databricks, Oracle, Cloudera, MongoDB, NewRelic and Twitter.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and Go-to-market strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Fauna grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
We are looking for a seasoned, data-driven growth and demand generation expert to lead and execute Fauna’s user acquisition strategy. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this is a high-impact opportunity to partner across sales, product and marketing to drive a product-led growth engine strategic to our business. You will bring to the table a growth mindset rooted in curiosity, data driven experimentation, budget planning, project management, KPI tracking and analytical skills necessary to build, execute, measure and evaluate the growth funnel. You will also have the ability to identify and curate new opportunities for targeting our ICP cost-effectively.
You will lead a diverse team of internal and external resources to deliver demand campaigns that retain an authentic, developer-friendly voice, while growing revenue for a rapidly accelerating business. To accomplish your goals, you will collaborate with your counterparts in marketing, product and sales, and take pride in building a marketing machine that is effective, efficient and scalable.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales and product to identify quarterly goals for user acquisition, pipeline development and expansion, as well as the ICP
- Identify channels best suited for each goal and develop campaigns to realize those goals
- Work closely across the marketing team to develop campaign content and assets
- Plan and allocate budget based on channel efficiency, and conversion metrics
- Lead a team of channel experts and marketing operational resources to help execute campaigns, meticulously track execution, measure results, analyze and report
- Oversee implementation and on-going operation of all marketing infrastructure required to operate growth campaigns, including managing vendor relationships
- Iterate, revise, repeat -- drive growth based on learnings driven by data
- Build a high performance growth team as the business scales
You Will Bring:
- 8+ years of successful growth experience in growth marketing roles for SaaS businesses with proficiency in building, executing and managing the growth machinery for product-led growth
- Expertise in modeling product-led and top-down funnels, including metrics required to measure funnel performance at each stage
- Expertise in employing awareness and user acquisition channels such as PPC, SEO, Email, Paid Media, Events, SDRs etc., that are suited to a bottoms-up sales motion, and building a virtual “agency” to execute across these channels
- Detail-orientation and experience in systematically crafting budgets, campaign design and planning, and project management across internal and external resources
- Hands-on experience in operating marketing/sales platforms and lead generation tools such as Pardot, Salesforce, ZoomInfo, Clearbit, etc. and the associated vendor management
- Aptitude and passion for targeting technical practitioners such as developers as well as decision makers, and the ability to quickly grasp topics such as databases, serverless development, etc.
- Analytical, data-driven mindset, and the curiosity to identify patterns in data, hands-on experience with tools such as SQL, Google Analytics, etc. to support the data analysis
- Proven ability to nurture a high performing team in startup environments, structured approach to execution, resourcefulness, communication skills and the emotional intelligence to excel
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, data analytics or equivalent
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000-$180,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity or other benefits which certain roles may be eligible for.
Fauna is a well-funded, high growth startup with the mission to make working with operational data productive, scalable and secure for every software team. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Addition Capital, CRV, and many Silicon Valley angel investors.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in San Mateo and Seattle, Fauna also has a remote employee presence throughout the Americas and Europe. We embrace a hybrid work culture which offers employees the flexibility to work from home or our office locations depending on their geography. In exchange for your hard work and contributions, Fauna provides you with market competitive compensation, meaningful early stage Equity Grant, and a robust benefits plan.
Building a great company requires talented, passionate, and committed team members. We are relentless in pursuing our mission while working together as one team aligned by our core principles. If you are that type of person who is excited by those pursuits, we want to hear from you!
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, citizenship, immigration status, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.