We’re on a mission to understand and structure the world’s medical data, starting by making sense of the terabytes of clinician notes contained within the electronic health records of the world’s largest health systems.
Fathom is seeking a Software Engineering Manager who will work across our entire company to develop teams, build culture, and drive larger organizational goals. We are seeking someone who is a technical expert and people manager. The Software Engineering Manager will focus on developing talent and building systems that scale from both an operational and an organizational perspective.
Please note, this position has a minimum requirement of 4 years of experience. It requires managing a distributed team across North America and Poland, along with the ability to work in the Eastern time zone for a minimum of 6 hours daily.
As a Software Engineering Manager you will:
- Drive hiring, onboarding and retain talented Team Leads, Tech Leads and Software Engineers
- Coach engineers through the product delivery process
- Facilitate regular 1:1s and career growth conversations with your direct reports, that includes: goal setting, feedback, code reviews, coaching, and mentoring
- Keep a constant pulse across the engineering department to ensure team satisfaction and health, continuous growth and learning, and overall alignment
- Develop systems, strategies, high standards and collaborate closely with other stakeholders to deliver business value
- Build and enforce engineering best practices including design documentation and routine standups
- Manage teams at a high level and prioritize tasks
We’re looking for teammates who bring:
- 4+ years of development experience in a company/production setting
- Prior hands-on software engineering experience and a solid understanding of backend systems, infrastructure, databases and large-scale data processing frameworks
- A track record of meeting objectives using metrics and providing business value
- Ability to evaluate languages and tools to effectively solve problems
- Confidence working through ambiguity and building process around it
- Experience evolving nascent systems and processes from functional to scalable
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills across distributed teams
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Developing systems to do or support machine learning
- Being exposed to healthcare data and/or other high-security environments
- Managing in remote, multi-time-zone environments
- Working with large-scale data labelling and acquisition