Please note that this position currently requires residency in the U.S.
We’re on a mission to understand and structure the world’s medical data, starting by making sense of the terabytes of clinician notes contained within the electronic health records of the world’s largest health systems.
Fathom is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Machine Learning (ML) Quality who will drive the day-to-day evaluation of system performance; identify systemic issues; and propose and drive the execution cost-efficient solutions, using the full range of software and machine-learning solutions available (machine-learning algorithm improvements, data quality fixes, re-labeling of challenging examples, rules-based approaches to tackle point issues, etc.).
You will work closely with the CTO and Engineering Manager, in addition to the entirety of the engineering team and, on occasion, the customer success team, as you respond to and address customer issues as they arise.
As a Technical Program Manager you will:
- Be responsible for driving the core quality loop of a machine-learning based product:
- Analyze outcomes. (success or failure?)
- Identify and aggregate issues.
- Propose fixes based on cost:benefit.
- Write detailed specs up for engineering.
- See those specs through to conclusion.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert in our core domain, Medical Coding.
- Become an expert in how our end-to-end machine-learning-based system works...and how to make it better.
This is a great role if:
- You love working with data.
- You’re always thinking about better, faster, cheaper ways to do things.
- You are a very fast learner and like diving in to learn new things.
- You enjoy working closely with engineering.
- You are detail- and systems-oriented. Medical coding isn’t rocket science, but it has many rules, is pretty complex, and has many pernicious failure modes. You need to be someone who likes tackling complicated systems--both learning the detail, and building up rules and structures to control that complexity.
- You are excited about learning and working with cutting-edge machine learning technologies.
- You are interested in developing into a Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and/or TPM with increasing responsibility.
We’re looking for teammates who bring:
- 2+ years in a technical role, such as as a Software Engineer, Data Scientist, or Product Manager on a technical product.
- If you’ve got less experience but it is exceptionally strong, please consider applying, as well.
- Experience working with top-tier technical teams.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Technical degree, such as Computer Science.
- Experience with machine learning (in any capacity--professional, academic, or even on your own time).
- Experience in the healthcare industry.