A fast growing national lender in the Austin area is currently seeking professional Collections Agents. The agents are responsible for communicating with customers regarding past due accounts, resolving customer inquiries and, ensuring customer satisfaction for repeat business. We are seeking experienced individuals with knowledge of the principles and process of collections in a call center environment. The ideal candidate will have opportunities for rapid growth.
- Effectively handle call volumes of 200+ calls daily, working with the floor supervisor to maintain the efficient operation of the call center.
- Representatives will manage a portfolio of accounts assigned to them.
- Update account information to ensure contact and other required information is current.
- Handle call while simultaneously utilizing the account management system to assist customers in resolving their concerns.
- Assist customers in bringing delinquent accounts current, working in a positive and collaborative fashion to support repeat business.
- Demonstrate consistency in reaching and/or exceeding monthly goals and company objectives.
- Project a positive image over the phone while utilizing negotiation skills to balance the needs of the customer and the business.
- Work independently and maintain focus through self-motivation.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as well as the FDCPA guidelines
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Minimum high school diploma
- 1+ year of consumer debt collections
- Strong customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Track record of hitting and exceeding targets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Skip Tracing
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong customer centric focus
- Strong computer skills
- Comfortable in a new start-up environment
Benefits and Compensation Overview:
- Majority company paid Health, Dental, and Vision
- 401k Program
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid sick leave and personal days
- Paid vacation and major holidays
- Competitive hourly wages
- Online and classroom training provided
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.