Fashion Nova is an inclusive fashion-forward and trend-driven apparel and lifestyle brand that celebrates all dimensions of confidence. We use our platform to spread positivity with brands for women, men, curve, luxe, sport, swim, beauty, and kids. We are obsessed with creating the best experience available for our customers and employees.
Fashion Nova was built on the backbone of individuality and inclusiveness. Our brands are worn and celebrated worldwide by customers, celebrities, and influencers because of our uniquely creative and talented employees.
The Engineering Technical Lead you will be responsible for ensuring your team delivers quality code in a timely manner, while maintaining a healthy work|life balance. You will help your teams find the balance between high velocity and high quality, nurture your direct reports, and light the way for their growth within the organization.
You take the lead on hard technical decisions and guide your team to make the best choices when thinking about tech debt, delivery times and the appropriate tools and tech stack to use to solve a given problem. You champion industry best practices regarding architectural patterns, documentation, QA, DevOps and engineering processes.
You are objective and fair when managing performance, maintaining high expectations, and are transparent and realistic. Your leadership will help your team to stretch, meeting their full potential. You push important work down to your teams and give them room to solve problems in their own way.
- Provide technical leadership to innovate, design, and deliver applications that will scale to support the needs of our customers and the business
- Communicate and promote the value of the applications to engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Understand stakeholder requirements and translate those into outstanding developer experiences, sound architectural decisions, and technology selection
- Support problem solving of production issues and maintenance of code as needed
- Work across all subject areas with partners to raise issues proactively that may impact delivery commitments, drive software initiatives forward, and ensure internal adoption
- Support recruiting and hiring of team members
- Mentor engineers in growing their skills and responsibilities while delivering their best work
- Analyze data from multiple sources and help the team make the right trade-offs between capability, cost, engineering complexity, and other factors
- Define, track, and report on key metrics related to your team’s software systems
- Maintain the team’s focus on the shared vision
- Participate in an Agile environment using Scrum software development practices, automated unit testing, continuous integration, code reviews, version control systems, automated build processes
- Address system issues as they related to performance, scalability, and reliability
- Seven plus years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Two plus years of experience leading and developing Engineering teams
- Deep experience and proficiency across a variety of platforms/programs such as React|Node|Typescript stack, Python, Rails, Django, VueJS, and Shopify Liquid templates
- Research and stay up to date on the latest technologies and trends
- Proven track record of leading initiatives from inception to production with internal and external customers
- A passion for taking bold risks and delivering innovative technologies to existing business practices
- Ability to communicate how engineering system design relates to company outcomes
- Experience balancing operations, maintenance, and new projects in a pragmatic way
- Deep technical knowledge around web application architectures, APIs, and developer tools
- Demonstrated ability to identify and reconcile misalignment across engineering teams, product teams, and business collaborators
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated data and information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and technical|non-technical leaders
- Ability to understand and modify existing code as well as develop new scripts and set up new data processing workflows
- Systematic problem-solving, quick learner and outstanding attention to detail in developing tailored solutions, high degree of reliability and integrity
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively, cross-functionally, and in inter-disciplinary teams with an ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- English, additional language(s) an advantage
- BS Degree in IT|Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Schedule of this position: Monday – Friday | Core business hours | Onsite
- Formalized career paths
- Flat management platform
- Manager Training Academy
- Creative Development Internship Program
- Fashion Nova Cares Program
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k match, with immediate vesting upon eligibility
- Stocked kitchens with gratis snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunches
- Summer Fridays at Headquarters
- Team bonding events and programs
- Employee discounts
Fashion Nova, LLC, and subsidiaries thereof, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are steadfast in our commitment to equal employment opportunities and pledge that these objectives are reflected in all aspects of our daily operations. We will continue to recruit, hire, train, and advance in employment qualified individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, criminal history, or status as an individual with a disability; and shall not discriminate against any individual, any such characteristic, nor any other classification protected by local, state and|or federal law.