You and Farmstead
Farmstead is looking for an experienced, high potential Operations expert to join our Burlingame Operations team. You are a high energy, always moving kind of person who likes to get things right. You appreciate a well-streamlined process and love flexing your organizational skills in the workplace. You have a keen understanding of what it takes to work in a successful operations role where orders must be fulfilled on-time and accurately: thoroughness, detail-orientation, commitment to work safety, and a passion for satisfying customers. Farmstead is a delivery-only grocer on a mission to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone at the most affordable prices. We are reinventing grocery from the ground up, providing an alternative to the broken systems established by big supermarket chains. We bring a best-in-class grocery experience right to the customer’s doorstep, for the lowest prices, even in areas traditionally underserved by big grocers. Simply put: Farmstead is the future of grocery. We are in a period of rapid growth where things are moving insanely fast and everyone shares responsibility over the future of the company—you’ll be able to see your impact in real-time. That can be intimidating to a lot of people, but you’re one of the outliers who finds that kind of challenge exciting. In fact, you probably wouldn’t have it any other way.
The Assistant Hub Manager plays a vital role at Farmstead. Your time will be spent between running the daily operations, as well as identifying and implementing improvement measures. We are looking for a hands-on, numbers-driven person with a focus on impact. This role has a great combination of high-level thinking and being in the trenches of a shop floor. This means being able to roll up your sleeves to work the line when needed.
- Collaborate with the Hub Manager to develop an operations improvement road map as we grow.
- Accountable for quality and inventory management, two key points in running a successful hub.
- Able to act quickly to change and addressing issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to build a strong rapport with your direct reports.
- Lead and supervise a diverse team of hourly associates
- Reinforce and administer operational procedures
- Works with Driver Coordinator for last mile (Routing and drivers)
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment
-Share in the responsibility for achieving all operational goals
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the hub to: provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business
At least two years of experience in operations and production.
Proven ability to effectively motivate, develop and manage 25+ employees
Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
Interest in spending 80% of your time on the shop floor and working directly with all levels of staff
A metrics-driven mindset
A customer service obsession and a willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
Effective communicator: Written and verbal with direct reports
Proven ability to quickly adapt and drive the right results using data
High level of integrity and ethics
Ability to help develop policies and procedures that help mitigate inventory discrepancies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year