Farmstead is looking for a gregarious, food-loving Community Builder to join the marketing team. You’re an artist and your medium is social media. You’re great at telling stories online, and can easily take on a brand’s unique voice when speaking to an audience. You think in reels, are a wellspring of ideas, know best practices for growing an audience, and always have your finger on the pulse of what’s coming next. You understand that Farmstead is in a period of rapid growth where things are moving insanely fast and everyone shares responsibility over the future of the company—you’ll be able to see your impact in real-time. That scares some people, but you’re one of the outliers who finds that kind of challenge exciting. In fact, you probably wouldn’t have it any other way.
What You’ll do:
We are a small but mighty marketing team, and you will oversee Farmstead’s social media presence. You’ll be creating a content plan that reflects the seasonality of our business, industry trends, company news, and local outreach.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Lifecycle Marketing on the overall social media strategy, execution, and weekly reporting
- Maintain a planning calendar of social media activities and collaborate across other departments for content ideas
- Own audience growth and engagement metrics across all social media channels
- Oversee all aspects of development of content for socials: writing copy, light image and video asset creation, shooting UGC-style content, planning live events and sweepstakes, etc.
- Engage with followers on social platforms as the Farmstead brand
- Encourage and manage customer UGC, keeping folders of images and videos posted, and permissions for use
- Create content that aligns with the most appropriate message and mission for Farmstead, demonstrating a deep understanding of our target customer
- Facilitate live events that deepen community engagement (e.g. brand Q&As, cooking classes or other learning opportunities, etc)
- Support new hub launches and development of marketing’s hub launch strategy (possible travel)
- Build a strong rapport and trust with colleagues by demonstrating timely communication, high level of participation, honesty, and a team mentality
- Other duties as needed to support the online presence of Farmstead
- This position is remote, but will be most successful if able to visit a local Farmstead hub for shooting images/videos. Therefore, candidates must sit in one of the following metro areas: Bay Area (CA), Triangle (NC), Charlotte (NC), Chicago (IL), Miami (FL)
- At least 1-2 years of experience managing socials with proven experience building audience and engagement (please provide specific examples of your work)
- Experience managing accounts on all major social media platforms and comfortable using any post format on: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest
- Preference given to those with passion for food or who have managed accounts for a food/hospitality brand
- Stay current with emerging social marketing trends + news
- Preference given to candidates with eCommerce experience, especially in the food space
- Bachelor’s degree preferred