Our mission at Farmstead is to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone. We’re a new delivery-only grocer that’s re-inventing grocery from the ground up. We focus on mid-market customers (think Safeway, Kroger, etc) and offer them lower prices than stores and free delivery as part of a best-in-class grocery product experience, even in areas traditionally underserved by supermarket chains. We accomplish this by writing consumer-facing and operations orchestration code that allows us to be highly efficient relative to legacy supermarkets.
We’re headquartered in the Bay Area with a fully-remote product and engineering team.
- You want to join an early-stage startup where you can have a large impact on architecture, process and culture.
- You want to work on a suite of products targeting a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
- You want a supportive team that has high ambition and low ego.
The operations team powers the systems our hubs use to fulfill customer orders, including intelligent purchasing automation and efficient last-mile delivery. They build a mix of automation, web and native android applications to support purchasing, receiving, inventory management, pick-pack and delivery.
We're looking for a full-stack developer who learns quickly and cares deeply about improving stakeholder experiences in a complex operational environment. We're looking for people who want to have an impact across the entire business. We're a small team who've built these types of systems before. We're looking to fill multiple positions and are happy to consider a wide range of experience levels
- Experience scaling production systems, ideally e-commerce fulfillment & logistics systems
- Experience designing APIs
- Experience designing real-time operational dashboards
- 3+ years professional programming experience with Rails or React
- Familiarity building multi-tenant systems a plus
We're a fast-growing startup that values personal growth and family time. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare, dental, vision benefits 85% covered for the employee, plus 50% covered for all dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Up to 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave
If you tick all the boxes then please write to us.