People Operations/Sr. HR Generalist
at Farmstead (View all jobs)
Our mission at Farmstead is to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone. We’re a new delivery only grocer that’s re-inventing grocery from the ground up. We focus on mid-market customers (think Safeway, Kroger, etc.) and bring them a best-in-class grocery product experience right to their doorsteps, even in areas traditionally underserved by supermarket chains. We accomplish this by writing consumer facing and operations orchestration code that allows us to be highly efficient relative to legacy supermarkets.
AS OF MARCH 2020, WE ARE SEEING UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND FOR GROCERY DELIVERY AS CUSTOMERS SEEK TO STAY HOME AND AVOID COVID-19. We are growing explosively and because of our small engineering team, we are ready to hand over huge chunks of responsibility to smart, reliable people who get things done.
We’re located in Burlingame.
We are looking for an experienced, high potential People Operations/ Sr. HR Generalist who is passionate about HR and interested in being a part of a growing organization. The Sr. HR Generalist will manage and support all aspects of the employee lifecycle at Farmstead. This role offers a great combination of long-term strategic planning and hands-on HR program development. The Sr. HR Generalist will foster a collaborative an inclusive culture that brings people with different backgrounds and perspectives together. The ideal candidate is hardworking, comfortable in ambiguous situations, doesn’t shy away from jumping into the weeds and is an effective communicator who possesses strong emotional intelligence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the full cycle employment process for the company including: scheduling interviews, coordinating background checks, managing I-9 paperwork, drafting offer letters and on-boarding new hires.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures to ensure fair and consistent administration and update as needed (with legal input and review).
- Oversee the company benefits programs by managing employee communications, training and open enrollment. Ensure compliance by coordinating plan testing and plan audits (as needed) with Farmstead’s benefits partners, sending out annual notices, and maintaining detailed reconciliation files.
- Work with employees to resolve benefits related issues.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate HR technology systems to support the People function.
- Build a robust and compliant on-boarding and off-boarding process and conduct exit interviews as needed.
- Facilitate annual performance review process.
- Perform compensation analysis as needed.
- Ensure that relevant People files, documentation, and communications are current, complete, and comply with applicable laws.
- Keep current regarding competitive People practices.
- Develop and implement employee engagement or morale building events.
- Work with management and legal counsel to ensure compliance with federal, state, county, and city employment laws and regulations (including wage and hour, leaves of absence, workers compensation, safety and mandatory training).
- Administer and manage leave requests by providing guidance to managers and employees in accordance with FMLA, CFRA, PFL and ADA and other leave laws and regulations.
- Additional special projects, duties and tasks as needed and assigned.
Required Qualifications & Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, HR, organizational psychology or related field preferred or experience in lieu of degree.
- 4-7 years of progressive experience in the HR field.
- Experience in people operations planning, developing, implementing and administering people programs in employment, compensation and benefits.
- Experience with supporting and driving people policies & programs for non-exempt and hourly employees.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of state employment laws, regulations and compliance.
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to facilitate interactions and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to demonstrate clear, concise communication, good judgement and discretion.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team-based environment.
- Bilingual candidates in English/Spanish preferred.