Our mission at Farmstead is to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone. We’re a new delivery-only grocer that’s re-inventing grocery from the ground up. We focus on mid-market customers (think Safeway, Kroger, etc) and bring them a best-in-class grocery product experience right to their doorsteps, even in areas traditionally underserved by supermarket chains. We accomplish this by writing consumer-facing and operations orchestration code that allows us to be highly efficient relative to legacy supermarkets.
AS OF MARCH 2020 WE ARE SEEING UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND FOR GROCERY DELIVERY AS CUSTOMERS SEEK TO STAY HOME AND AVOID COVID-19. We are growing explosively and because of our small engineering team, we are ready to hand over huge chunks of responsibility to smart, reliable people who get things done.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco and opening up our first hub outside of California in Charlotte!
Farmstead has an immediate opening for a fulfillment lead. This position will be responsible for leading a team of associates, tracking performance metrics, and coaching employees to success. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join one of the last (and largest) untapped digital marketplaces in the US! Farmstead is expanding rapidly and this could be your opportunity to get in at the ground level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for leading a team of associates to:
- Assemble orders; pick and pack groceries into bags
- Load warehouse shelves with inventory and weighing produce
- Receive product and verifying what was received (counts and quality)
- Manage inventory
- 1+ year of experience leading/supervising a team of 3+ direct reports in a warehouse setting
- Serious attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Sense of urgency
- Organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Authorized to work in the US (will be checking credentials)
- At least 18 years old
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment for short periods of time. (30 to 40 degrees)
- Must pass background check (county, state, national)
- Must pass food handling training (paid for by us)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $18.00 /hour
Benefits and Perks:
- Health benefits
- $100 food credit
- Commuter Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits