You and Farmstead
Farmstead is looking for a self-propelled, detail-oriented Lead Associate to join the Operations team. You are a high energy, always moving kind of person who likes to get things right. You appreciate a well-streamlined process and love flexing your organizational skills in the workplace. You have a keen understanding of what it takes to work in a successful operations role where orders must be fulfilled on-time and accurately: thoroughness, detail-orientation, commitment to work safety, and a passion for satisfying customers.
Farmstead is a delivery-only grocer on a mission to make fresh, high-quality food accessible to everyone at the most affordable prices. We are reinventing grocery from the ground up, providing an alternative to the broken systems established by big supermarket chains. We bring a best-in-class grocery experience right to the customer’s doorstep, for the lowest prices, even in areas traditionally underserved by big grocers. Simply put: Farmstead is the future of grocery.
We are in a period of rapid growth where things are moving insanely fast and everyone shares responsibility over the future of the company—you’ll be able to see your impact in real-time. That can be intimidating to a lot of people, but you’re one of the outliers who finds that kind of challenge exciting. In fact, you probably wouldn’t have it any other way.
The Lead Associate plays a vital role at Farmstead, leading a team of 4-7 associates ensuring customer orders are picked and packed accurately and on-time in our fulfillment centers. You are the last stop to ensure only the highest quality produce, dairy, meat, and grocery items arrive at customer's doorsteps. This role is critical to the success of the warehouse as a whole, and is responsible for keeping working conditions tidy, providing coaching and professional development to warehouse associates, and has a large impact on the overall tone of the workplace. This is a terrific opportunity for someone interested in building their career.
You will be responsible for leading a team of 4-7 associates to:
- Assemble orders; pick and pack groceries into bags
- Load warehouse shelves with inventory and weighing produce
- Receive product and verifying what was received (counts and quality)
- Manage inventory
- Manage associate timekeeping (ensure lunches and breaks are taken and recorded appropriately)
- Pitch in wherever help is needed
- Starting at $20 - $23 per hour DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- PTO/Sick Days
- Holiday Pay
- Commuter Benefits
- $100 Grocery Credit (monthly)
- Access to excess produce and grocery items
- Must have experience leading a team of 3+
- Serious attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Sense of urgency
- Organizational skills
- Computer literate (role will primarily use G-Suite, Slack and our internal web based order fulfillment system)
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Authorized to work in the US (will be checking credentials)
- At least 18 years old
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment for short periods of time. (30 to 40 degrees)
- Must pass food handling training (paid for by us)
Required to offer proof of receipt of an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19; Mandatory Masks and gloves use at the Farmstead facilities.